Would you consider this sub

I was just looking at the SKAR VD-10 looks like a really good option that owuld fit our truck and save some money.
I was checking those out too. They look nice. After reading all the positive comments about Dayton subs, I decided to give them a try anyway.

I was checking those out too. They look nice. After reading all the positive comments about Dayton subs, I decided to give them a try anyway.
Just wanted to let you know my box came in today so I installed the skar vd-10 and it wasn't a great experience. It sounds great but the surround hits the floor so it makes the under seat box pretty much worthless. Looking at your sub I dont think you will have the same issue I just wanted to let you know you made a better decision than me haha.

Just wanted to let you know my box came in today so I installed the skar vd-10 and it wasn't a great experience. It sounds great but the surround hits the floor so it makes the under seat box pretty much worthless. Looking at your sub I dont think you will have the same issue I just wanted to let you know you made a better decision than me haha.
Lol. Thanks for letting me know. I just finished my box build and am currently wiring the subs up. Couple more days to complete everything and I'll let you know how these do.

A little follow up here. The Dayton 10s and Skar amp have been installed and sound great. I need to do a little tweaking on the settings to get everything dialed in though. All in all, I'm very pleased with the outcome. Thanks to all for your recommendations.

Glad you are happy with it. Im always happy when people follow advice and get positive results. So often over the years, people do stuff when told not to and come back a week later, saying it sounds like crap, sub blew etc

Now the problem is, in 6 months it wont be loud to you anymore and you'll want an upgrade

That's great to hear. Lets see some pics of the custom box. After listening to mine for awhile I am pretty happy but I think I had higher expectations than I should have for a single 10 in a small sealed enclosure. Itll shake a can in my cup holder and get the mirrors going pretty good but I miss that feeling in the chest haha. What kind of output are you getting out of yours? Also I dont think you ever said what year is your truck. Mine is a 2011 and that model is very tight on space.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.