Would you consider this sub

Punkinuts

As a quality sub for shallow mount application? My plans are to install a pair under rear seat of a crew cab f-150
Dayton Audio LS10-44 10" Low Profile Subwoofer Dual 4 Ohm

If not, what would you recommend?

I would rather have 12s like these

Dayton Audio LS12-44 12" Low Profile Subwoofer Dual 4 Ohm

But my space is limited. I'm going to be able to squeeze .80cf per sub sealed, at best. That's before displacement is figured in
The price is certainly right. I like the looks of my JL Audio slim line sub better. Looks beefier:

12TW3-D4 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Drivers - TW3 - JL Audio

Get one and see how it works for you, the Dayton I mean.

John Kuthe...

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to order them. The 10s. What would you power them with?

Edited to say 10s. 12s require too much space for my truck

Dayton makes good stuff.

500w @4 (bridge a 2ch) or 500 @1 (small mono).

What is your amp budget?

Not a huge fan of skar, but the 550.1 is hard to beat for the price. 89$ and does 512w certified at 1ohm

Not really nailed down an exact budget. I was planning on a few hundred. But at $89, it's hard not to jump on that price. What say you? Why don't you like them?

I dont like the owner. I feel like he has taken shortcuts on quality... but the stuff generally isnt junk. I just disagree with other stuff... some higher quality amps to look at, fsd700 and sae600. Those are around 200 tho. My bias aside, the skar really is a good buy

I don't mind a couple hundred for a quality product. I think I'm going to try the skar though. Back to the subs for a sec. Would you buy the Dayton 10s or look for a pair of shallow mount 12s that will work in .8cf each?

The price is certainly right. I like the looks of my JL Audio slim line sub better. Looks beefier:
12TW3-D4 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Drivers - TW3 - JL Audio

Get one and see how it works for you, the Dayton I mean.

John Kuthe...
Dayton makes great subs you wont be disappointed.
The daytons are a good option
Ok. I plan on ordering these tomorrow unless one of these is a better option for the sake of getting 12s in my limited space

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575P3S412/Rockford-Fosgate-P3SD4-12.html

Or

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108REF120S/Infinity-REF1200S.html

I guess the main question is, how much more thump will I get out of shallow 12s vs 10s or is it going to be hard to beat the Daytons as far as shallow mount goes?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.