SOLD would you complain about this?

k_schutte
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I bought this welder: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250552843530&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and the guy packaged it HORRIBLY and it got some damage. Kind of ***** because it was suppose to be "like new" and I honestly would not have bought it if it was damaged at all... Packaging is newspaper and ONE piece of foam ****, the welder weighs like 75lbs~

welder0011.jpg

welder0033.jpg

welder0022.jpg

welder0044.jpg

Do what bubbagumper6 said. Contact the seller and ask for a 25% refund and go from there. As far as the packing goes he failed. I'll take a stab in the dark and the shipping service was UPS? I had an amp sent to me last week and was packed fairly good but the box was beat to HELL and corners torn and the amp was damaged and bent. UPS ***** a big 1.

Do what bubbagumper6 said. Contact the seller and ask for a 25% refund and go from there. As far as the packing goes he failed. I'll take a stab in the dark and the shipping service was UPS? I had an amp sent to me last week and was packed fairly good but the box was beat to HELL and corners torn and the amp was damaged and bent. UPS ***** a big 1.
Fedex is no better...

UPS...

I emailed him and told him the packaging job was HORRIBLE espescialy since it weighs like 75lbs... I didn't say anything about a refund yet as I haven't tested to see if it even works yet because it doesn't use the same plugin as my old welder so I have to buy the new outlet and stuff before I can test it. No word back yet, I will test it tonight or tomarrow since we are having a heat wave and you can step outside without instantly freezing.

I am the one that sold it. that is plenty of packaging. it is the falut of who ever opened it. you should of been more carfull when opening it.

UPS? How the hell is the UPS's fault? It blows my mind when people get pissed at shipping companies for something that isnt their fault. Did they package the box? No, all they did was ship it. It is the sellers fault, not UPS or FedEx or USPS.

Yeah, clearly 100% teh shippers fault! newspaper for a 75lb~ package is rediculous enough but only on TWO sides of the package at that!?!?!?! I'd say UPS did a pretty damn good job of not completely destroying it!

well... he hasn't replied to my emails so I filed a dispute with paypal... I asked for the shipping charges back since it wasn't shipped properly and 15% of the sale price for a total of $77.75... we'' see what happens I guess. and as far as "weighing ym options and comparing it to a brand new one price wise. I think a new one is like $500~ so... I'd say a NICE used one is worth about 50%-60% of that of that, after getting my 15% back (if i do) that would mean I spent like $242 so I would say that is about fair for the condition it is now in.

well... he hasn't replied to my emails so I filed a dispute with paypal... I asked for the shipping charges back since it wasn't shipped properly and 15% of the sale price for a total of $77.75... we'' see what happens I guess. and as far as "weighing ym options and comparing it to a brand new one price wise. I think a new one is like $500~ so... I'd say a NICE used one is worth about 50%-60% of that of that, after getting my 15% back (if i do) that would mean I spent like $242 so I would say that is about fair for the condition it is now in.
Did you make sure it works??? If it's now non-functional you should definitely be asking for more than 15% back...

Did you make sure it works??? If it's now non-functional you should definitely be asking for more than 15% back...
Honestly I haven't even checked it yet... I guess I should probably do that! I still have like 20 days to file a paypal claim if it doesn't work. I will probably buy the **** I need and get it all hooked up tongiht and test it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

k_schutte

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
k_schutte
cedar rapids, IA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date