would two 10" Völfenhag subs beat out a pair of....

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 2K
U

Unregistered

I was just wondering if two Völfenhag subs w/ a 1000W amp would beat out a pair of 10" JL subs w/ a 300W amp? If not what will be nearly the same if not a little bit harder hitting than the JL subs...

I was also going to ask you guys if you have ever checked out the website http://www.cmttrading.com Everything there is dirt cheap and i was just wondering if it is a scam or if its real?? later, Nick

My sister has 2-12 Volfenhag (1000 wts) in her sunfire. I wasn't really all that impressed with them, the impression I got is, they don't have very good SQ. Everyone has good things to say about JL, so I'd go with the JL 10's. If your looking for a combination of Sq and spl, go with the JL's. You might want to check into getting a bigger amp than 300 watts, depending on the subs ratings.

No comparrison really.....

JL's and the 1000 watt amp.

The specs/quality of Volfenhag resembles the Pyramid Hyperpro so closely- I would not reccomend it at all.

take it easy,

-zane

hey its me...just registered

see im not saying that im buying either the volf's or the JL's...i just wanted to know how they would compare because one of my friends has the JL set up and its pretty phat. I would just buy the JL's and be done w/ the whole thing but the store im buying from (cmttrading.com) doesnt have the JL 10" in stock, they have 12" but they cost $99 a piece and i can get a *pair* of Volfenhag 10" subs for somthing like $54. See im not a hard core bass addict like you guys probly are...i just want a set of subs that define the bass well, not somthing that will bust windows, rattle my car apart, or make me deaf by the time im 20 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ect.

So if you would be nice enough to go to http://www.cmttrading.com and check out the sub/amp sections and give me a good combo it would be much appriciated. the stuff there is so cheap you guys might want to go look anyway...later, Nick

how about this deal...

aw1200x.jpg

I can get this *set* of 2001 AUDIOBAHN AW1000 10" 600 WATT RMS subs for $78...

will these be too loud for what im lookin for...somthing that just defines the bass well and doesnt blow the car up...ect.

sorry im asking so many questions but i need answers fast because i turn 16 in a month and i need to start getting this stuff lined out...later, Nick

You can set your system to play like you want it. Just set your gains to your liking. Audiobahn wouldn't be a bad choice, I'd take them over the volfenhag, and if you really aren't into the bass, then you can probably get away with just one 10. A friend of mine has a very old fosgate 10, (surprised the thing hasn't rotted) and with a little jensen amp, it hits good enough for his liking.

I'm more SQ oriented than a basshead.

I still stand by my original post, there really isnt a comparrison between the two.

JL's will basically be able to provide you with the solid well balanced low end that you are looking for, they will also be able to produce increased bass response if you need them to.

Otherwise, if you are looking for a nice accurate low end take a look at some of these:

Alumapro Alchemy

Adire Audio Shiva

Infinity Perfect

Infinity Kappa (2002 model)

Soundstream Exact

Eclipse 88120

A/D/S 312.rs

IMO- far better choices than Volfenhag or Audiobahn.

take it easy,

-zane

i dunno what zane is talking about... audiobahn make awesome subs. mostpeople compare the alums to jl w6's. i personally have 2 12awt's in my ford ranger.. i used to have 2 jl 18w6's and the awts hit way harder. they dont sound as nice.. but when it comes to setting car alarms off from across a four lane highway, theaudiobahns kick ass. so id say go with audiobahn. most people discredit audiobahn because theyare a relatively new company. but i had more problem with my jls the with my audiobahns. so go with audiobahns.ull find them for cheaper then jls guranteed.. OUT.............

If I were you, I would go with the audiobahn. They are good subs at a reasonable price. I have two of the AW1251X subs and they hit pretty **** hard. So if all you want is good bass go with the one 10 because that will give you the right amount of bass you are looking for without spending a lot of money. And I would recommend getting a little bigger amp too. Maybe a punch 360 because rockford always underates their subs and that should be plenty of power for the sub. I hope this helps a liitle

hey subman, re-read zane's post. he was talking about sq, with the ability for spl. then read your post. you basicly agreed with him about the sq!

i agree with caveman though, for budget and bass response your after a single ten with a good amp would be the way to go. check into a eclipse 8710 and maybe the fosgate amp. i just heard 4 8710's with a jl 500/1 on each in a x-cab chevy and DAM$, they beat. anyway, i think that would be a good set-up!

The Audiobahn AW1000 is not a bad sub, however, its the older version of the AW1000x which has a known problem with the spider mounting ring popping loose, I have one installed in my mom's car, currently its not even working, reason being that the spider mounting ring popped loose. I recived the sub with the ring already loose, ,which points to how UPS handles shipping. I used superglue and it worked for one day, someone advised me to use an epoxy to put it back in place. The SQ for those subz is no way near JL subz. I doubt you can even compare the two. I was told that they need to be broken in to hit hard.

And by the way apparently these are two companies that use opposing methods of rating their stuff. JL underrates in order to please the customer, while audiobahn is looking for publicity(meaning they tend to overrate)

The second part of this, is my signature, I use 2 JL 12W3s in my sedan(ford taurus need I say they needed not be broken in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif) so far I hit 143 in a sealed enclosure, yes SEALED and only two250 watts subz, I am giving each sub twice the power easily, and they pound, and the SQ is unbeleivable.

hope that helps

you people tend to want to compare sloppy noise makers with sq subs that can hit... that is like testing a chevy s-10 with a 350 in it vs. a corvette.........not saying the audiobahns dont have their place (as far as quality/ to price/to performance goes) audiobahn has an impressive nitch, but i would not ever try to evaluate these two kinds of subs to eachother....i would basically just ask for the consumer's prefferences and then ask them about their price range...that in fact is far more important than "which is better" some people think alot of bass (that has some slop in it) is perfect..where as a trained ear wants to hear the notes, and i mean everyone of them....if u like rap and want the world to hear you and you have a 1000 watt class d amp with the power wire ran up your door jam you will think the audiobahns rule... if you are more of an audiophile and have "basic" knowledge of how things work you learn to appreciate the music played through a quality set up. again not saying that just people with a "ghetto" set up use audiobahn it is just that when you set back and really look you will see how crazy it is to compare if you cant readily tell the difference are you really ready to buy? (explanation as to NOT insult anyone)

i have seen great looking systems that hit very hard and reasonably clean with audiobahn products but the emphisis was on looks and boom and not the sound quality. not saying they cant sound good but they are not really meant for an audiophile as the jl's are. the way i see the jl's is "hey look i sound great and i can hit too" ...that 350 s-10 might be fast but take it out of a straight line what do you have?....... and as for comparing 12's to 18's if the 12's hit that much harder i doubt if the 18's were set up right ...a 12w7 doesnt out do a pair of 15w3's and i would venture to say from tests i have seen on a the w7's they would do more than hold their own with the audiobahns.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I just glued the spider mounting ring yesterday with super epoxy. its the stuff that you mix(I myself never heard of it before) that dries in like 15 minutes if you do not use it. Sticky and nasty smelling stuff. Do not touch, Inhale or EAT, I REPEAT DO NOT DO ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED. Its a killer.

Aparrently the sub pounds out some serious bass. The SQ is very poor, the sub sounds like it can't make up its mind on what kind of box its in. On one song the freq is so low but the voulume is too loud for it to even sound accurate. yet on another song at the same volume level, a frequency just as low, sounded quite good. Overall ok for 75 bucks. The JLs cost twice as much and they sounded good from day one. Anyways this is not a bad sub if its gonna be your first. My first subz were JBL GT1000, which were then replaced by JBL GT1041 same sub different year model, and I could not beleive when I heard the W3s, if you have the money and you want an awesome first sub, The W3 will not dissappoint. If you have seen other things out there then you may already have an idea of what kind of sound/power/quality you are looking for, the WWW is very usefull here. hope that helps.

P.S. if you have even more money, for for the W7, INCREDIBLE SUB, Personnaly that is the sub I am buying with my tax return

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.