Would this Sundown 15" be a good buy?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I think I will go with this one if you guys say its good...

https://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-ampl...s-class-d-amplifier-fullrange-full-range.html

At 14.4 volts this amp actually pumps out 1400watts RMS plus. Not 1000watts RMS that its rated.

Thing is they do that power on a dyno. You will never see 1400 watts on music.

Your goal is to be louder than your previous HDC3 12 and Q1200 but without having to upgrade any electrical. I think your best bet would be a single 15" on an amp around 1200 watts. 1200 ish watts is what most people can get away with on stock electrical. I think a proper custom box is what is going to be your biggest factor in your new build. You know the saying "space makes bass". If you are limited to 3.25 cubes max I would look back into a 12" subwoofer.

I would go with something like this. The Icon is known to hit. But with only 3.25 cubes max that is going to be iffy on a 15" like Pop said I would go with the 12" version of something as well.

I can get 3.65ft3 out of my box I am making. I will be making a build thread about my new subwoofer box build. Its going to be with sonotube which is a round cement form. Round is so much stronger than a square or rectangle. This 16" in diameter sonotube holds like 400 pounds of cement in it cut at 36" tall. So what could some air possibly do to it? I made one recently in my home theater and it slams! So watch for my build coming soon.

This 16" in diameter sonotube holds like 400 pounds of cement in it cut at 36" tall. So what could some air possibly do to it?

400 pounds of cement in what 4-6 feet of that tube = fuckall for PSI.

Even a rather modest 140dB SPL is 200PSI. I'd be prepared to reinforce that with fiberglass depending on the results of testing once you get this built.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...