Would this setup work well

masto

Alright complete novice so bear with me.

Got an old 2001-2007 model of the Toyota Sequoia and decided if I couldn't have gas mileage I would at least get some good audio.

Is this a good setup?

I'll go right out with it and post the parts front to back

Head unit - Kenwood KDC-152 In-Dash MP3/WMA CD Receiver

Front speakers - Polk Audio DB6501 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component System (Pair, Silver)

Rear speakers - Polk Audio DB651s Slim-Mount 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers

Speakers amp - Rockford Fosgate R250X4 Prime 4-Channel Amplifier

Subwoofers - MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt Dual 12-Inch Sub Enclosure

Subwoofer amp - Planet Audio AC1200.2 ANARCHY 1200-watts Full Range Class A/B 2 Channel 2 Ohm Stable Amplifier

Alternative speakers for both front and rear - Kicker 11ds652 6.5 Component System W/20mm Twt Would this be better than the Polk?

Also, last thing. With enough time (I have it) and research, can I wire this myself? What would I need to wire it myself? Product links would be great.

Thanks

*Edit: Product names are hyperlinked but blue looks very black*

First the head unit..... that one only has 1set of preouts. I recommend one with 3 sets (front/rear/sub) if you're going to run a 4 channel and a sub.

Second the sub amp....go with a d class monoblock.

Third the subs......I highly recommend getting 2 12's in a custom ported box, not a pos prefab.

Last, what kind of budget do you have? We can set you up nice with that answer.

First the head unit..... that one only has 1set of preouts. I recommend one with 3 sets (front/rear/sub) if you're going to run a 4 channel and a sub.Second the sub amp....go with a d class monoblock.

Third the subs......I highly recommend getting 2 12's in a custom ported box, not a pos prefab.

Last, what kind of budget do you have? We can set you up nice with that answer.
Really saved me there on that first one. That would have been a headache. What should I go for?

As for 2 and 3 that becomes an issue of budget which goes to 4.

I think $550 is all I am willing to put into this. I may bump it up to $600 if that's it takes to get a good head unit.

Thanks man

Well you get what you pay for.

that stuff it the cheapest stuff. You will not be happy with any of that stuff. If you get it you will be luck if it last a year.

you can do good for $600 just look for used. There are good deals on here and the other car audio site.

or

buy new but you will have to plan your system out and you will definitely spend more money.

Well you get what you pay for.that stuff it the cheapest stuff. You will not be happy with any of that stuff. If you get it you will be luck if it last a year.

you can do good for $600 just look for used. There are good deals on here and the other car audio site.

or

buy new but you will have to plan your system out and you will definitely spend more money.
What's an example of higher quality gear?

I don't believe in that buy cheap, get cheap.

Bought a $125 sound system for my desktop that rivals my friends several thousand dollar home theater system.

What would be the bottleneck in what I have now?

A good Hu would be an Alpine 149bt. My sws's are decent (a good start). I noticed you still don't have a mono block for your sub amp yet. Check out some recommendations around this forum for subs (Sundown, Soundqubed, TC, DD) and look them up. See what you can afford and what you'll need to save up for. We'll see from there........

Also do really like my 8604.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.