Would anyone in the CHI come to a meet?

When they said the Ascendant audio place I thought that seemed like a good idea.. but how big is the parking lot anyways? Ive never been there, but im just wondering..

Andrew

I wish that I still live in Chicago for this one. You all are definitely on the right track with agreeing that you want to have it at the forest preserve. You will need to call that city's, city hall to get a permit for the useage of the forest preserve. Their is usually a small fee for it ($50), which they just say is for the permit. You can blast your music, just as long as your not insane with it. A bunch of 2 minute intervals of blasting, will not get you kicked out. It would be in your best interest to contact the city's police dept that governs the area of the said forest preserve. Let them know your intentions for the day. I would suggest that you even invite them to drop by. Make sure that whoever is calling for the permit and talks to the local police dept. is a MATURE adult. Politeness is a plus.

I have organized dozens of these types of function when I was the Monte Carlo club president.

i'm out IN belvidere but work in schuamburg

i'd be game

and i could ask one of the shops here if we could use his lot on a sunday its quite large use to be a car lot

but it i'm also about an hour drive west of schuamburg

i'm out IN belvidere but work in schuamburg
i'd be game

and i could ask one of the shops here if we could use his lot on a sunday its quite large use to be a car lot

but it i'm also about an hour drive west of schuamburg
Not to knock on your suggestion, but I have found that having gatherings with guy's that have loud music anywhere near a rural area is a bad idea. Businesses will complain and not to mention the regular neighbors.

Not to knock on your suggestion, but I have found that having gatherings with guy's that have loud music anywhere near a rural area is a bad idea. Businesses will complain and not to mention the regular neighbors.
well then my future mother in law has 8 acres out in the country near by me

That is true, but thank you very much for the suggestion with the forest preserve. Me or Tommy must get out there to check it out and see how things would be. Thanks for the input though.

i got my driveway. i live by walmart and the credit union and sears, but im on my own little lot with enough room for 15-20 cars, and i know my neighbor doesnt give a ****, he would love it. and the credit union hates me, but they already told my co worker that they cant do anything about it, plus they close at 12 PM on saturdays and not open on sunday, i got no houses around me. jus a whole bunch of big stores.

Im always up for meeting with people and checking out other setups, count me in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i got my driveway. i live by walmart and the credit union and sears, but im on my own little lot with enough room for 15-20 cars, and i know my neighbor doesnt give a ****, he would love it. and the credit union hates me, but they already told my co worker that they cant do anything about it, plus they close at 12 PM on saturdays and not open on sunday, i got no houses around me. jus a whole bunch of big stores.
We'll keep it in mind for the afterparty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

Im always up for meeting with people and checking out other setups, count me in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Cool, the more the merrier

Where do you stay again?

I did call the forest preserve office today, but the lady I needed to speak to was already gone for the day. The next opportunity to call her will be friday.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Just make sure also to check the almanac. I would hate to see you all get all of this together and then it's start's pouring raining. I would check the three previous years weekends around the time that you plan to get the preserve, and plan accordingly. It's not always 100% to say that it shouldn't rain that day, but it is usually pretty close.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.