World record extreme van

If you dont mind me asking, what does a vehicle like this cost to buy since its stripped out with no box or equipment? If you would rather not say, thats cool too, I was just curious.

it still bugs me that i find out about gmonk after i move from dunedin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Wow! I haven't seen this van in a long time! That console will have to come out (depending on which side you want USACI Judges to put the mic on in the floor) and some type of cooling system to get the air good and dense( dense air doesn't compress as well, which will add a couple points on a score). I am looking forward to a new build log on this thing!!!

If you dont mind me asking, what does a vehicle like this cost to buy since its stripped out with no box or equipment? If you would rather not say, thats cool too, I was just curious.
1226 bucks. I got it for a steal thats why i picked it up.

Hahaha decided on what your gunna use yet?
nope and im not really going to think about it till it comes that point in time. Its going to be quite awhile before its ready for equipment and things can change by that time.

The tips that gmonk said are pretty basic in terms of extreme class. Concrete would definitely be the way to go. If I remember there was a extreme build log on term pro not long ago. He was doing it all himself on an island. Might check there for some tips. I believe be got up to a 167+ which is looooud. Every little thing changes the score once you get up there. Good luck with it.

Id probably go with granite/marble instead of concrete. Much denser and easy to cut up if you can get ahold of a diamond axis table (most granite shops have them). Also, they make liquid nails for granite now which would be a supurb joining material. Also granite/granite has perfect laminar air flow across it. Thats how I was able to do a 155.7 in a MECA street class with one 18.

Id probably go with granite/marble instead of concrete. Much denser and easy to cut up if you can get ahold of a diamond axis table (most granite shops have them). Also, they make liquid nails for granite now which would be a supurb joining material. Also granite/granite has perfect laminar air flow across it. Thats how I was able to do a 155.7 in a MECA street class with one 18.
Would've never thought about granite. Good idea.

Not the best pictures in the world. When i get it back home ill get some really good pictures. Didnt have much time. Just wanted to get it loaded and go home.

Body needs quite a bit of work. There is a lot of body filler that has shrunk and has cracked the paint. You can tell who ever had this van just let it sit outside and rot away.

2012-03-31190224.jpg

2012-03-31190241.jpg

Looks like the jeep doesnt like it but its sitting in a ledge against the road which makes it look like its squatting big time. But it did great pulling the van

2012-03-31190229.jpg

Im going to have to put some more bolts for the door.

2012-03-31215934.jpg

2012-03-31215941.jpg

2012-03-31215953.jpg

and the picture all of you have been waiting for. What ever is left in there is getting stripped and redone

2012-03-31220003.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.