working the equalizer on Kenwood

Participant count
  • Participant list

sandcracker21
10+ year member

chi
I have a brand new Kenwood 6140 installed in my car (touch screen with nav)

and it has a VERY in depth equalizer on it

before i had a dual HU and it made my subs hit hard, and every bass note was 'solid' and 'deep' ....now the kenwood makes the bass seem 'hollow' and somehow weak

the equalizer has settings for bass, mids, and treble ....with a setting for frequency, overall level, and q level and lastly an on/off button for DC BASS EXT ...what is this? instruction manual is very weak in explaining

what is a q-level? does any1 have any comments on how to equalize the unit the best?

thank you all!

by the way i have two 12inch kickers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.