Words of Instant Ridicule

He won't, last thread something like this came up he was saying he didn't know how to upload to Youtube or he was pissing off his neighbors or something. It's not like you couldn't drive to an empty area/parking lot and test there.

IMHO he just likes being a parking lot high school boy screaming about his MAX POWER RATING to anyone who will listen.

I did drive to an empty parking lot and film and post videos. Sorry if I misspoke. The amps are rated over 4k at 12.6. No tweets hooked up during this video.

Last edited:
I did drive to an empty parking lot and film and post videos. Sorry if I misspoke. The amps are rated over 4k at 12.6.

You know that rated power is only 1 piece of a very large equation right?

Input power, input signal, impedance, box rise, audio source, and frequencies being played at any given second along with volume level set at the HU. A 1k watt Amp doesn't make 1K watts all the time, (unless its class A but that a whole other bag) only when it receives enough power and enough signal will it "amplify" that signal up to 1k watts of power. As soon as the song changes or you lower the volume the amp is no longer producing 'rated' power. You may have over 4k RMS rated but rarely if ever will you ever see full rated output unless you play a mult-freq test tone at whatever gain % you set your volume to.

Edit to add: You added a video - What is your Vmeter connected to? Battery direct or to your HU?

You know that rated power is only 1 piece of a very large equation right?

Input power, input signal, impedance, box rise, audio source, and frequencies being played at any given second along with volume level set at the HU. A 1k watt Amp doesn't make 1K watts all the time, (unless its class A but that a whole other bag) only when it receives enough power and enough signal will it "amplify" that signal up to 1k watts of power. As soon as the song changes or you lower the volume the amp is no longer producing 'rated' power. You may have over 4k RMS rated but rarely if ever will you ever see full rated output unless you play a mult-freq test tone at whatever gain % you set your volume to.

Edit to add: You added a video - What is your Vmeter connected to? Battery direct or to your HU?

Connected to the battery. What would the difference be?

Connected to the battery. What would the difference be?

If its direct connected it will give you the actual battery voltage. Most connect somewhere to their car's harness which provides the voltage after the cars voltage regulator gets involved which doesn't provide as accurate of a reading. If its connected directly to the battery then it doesn't shut off without its own switch. Most connect to a switched power source and all of those are downstream of the vehicle's regulator.

If its direct connected it will give you the actual battery voltage. Most connect somewhere to their car's harness which provides the voltage after the cars voltage regulator gets involved which doesn't provide as accurate of a reading. If its connected directly to the battery then it doesn't shut off without its own switch. Most connect to a switched power source and all of those are downstream of the vehicle's regulator.

My meter is on 24/7. So, I don't know if that tells you anything. I could be wrong. I've never actually traced the wires connection. I just assumed it was to the battery since it is on 24/7.

Certain words and advice on here are instant death by the typewriter police.
1. Skar
2. Pre-fab
3. Soundstream
4. Any cheap amp brand (autotek, performance tecknique, audiobahn, etc....)
5. Rear fill
6. Coaxials in the front doors
7. Stock Head Unit or LOC
8. Two different subs the same size
9. Audiopipe

Audiopipe has been added

ya... Im on my new phone as Oldmang... Lost my old phone... Can't remember my password so cant logon by phone.
Mods seem non-existent or unresponsive to ask for a reset password... Oh well... Mobile acct and desktop acct.

So, if you are Shredder2, I owe you. You were then when I prolly didn't deserve it. I was being a dick and arrogant. I knew everything , but was really dumb as a stump. Now, I have to live with that first impression. That is my fault, and, I own that. But, I will stand up to bullying and disrespect. So, are you Shredder2?

Are you Shredder2?

Yep...
I just don't chime in as much anymore.

Mmpa4d.jpg

I just like reading some of the advice given lately.
Worse than FB degree advice sometimes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bobbytwonames

5,000+ posts
Trigger Man!
Bobbytwonames
Vegas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date