Wondering if this would work...8" Sub

I would say you could do it, but I certainly wouldn't advise it. As far as the sub goes, something with very very low power requirements, maybe an RE Audio REX 8? Or a Fosgate P1? I would just run speakers, the output from the sub wouldn't be much anyways.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/plthumbsdown.gif.d7966af824c93c6021d1aae1778b1c19.gif

You can do it. Just find a dual voice coil woofer with a very compliant suspension, low Fs, and decent sensitivity, rather than a subwoofer with a stiffer suspension and high power handling. Wire up each rear channel and expect a notch or two better than stock performance. Look on PE for some raw drivers.

you will get no output hooking it up to the HU.

I had two 15"s on the stock infinity ampilfier that came with my car that the 6x9's used to be hooked up to and they couldn't hit worth shit.

But you want to put an 8" directly to the HU......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

In defense of the OP, I have hooked my D4 EPIC 8 up to my 800PRS for shits and the output was surprising and satisfying. The results are much better when a woofer is used instead of a subwoofer, it just responds better to the power. Let him have his fun.

You can do it. Just find a dual voice coil woofer with a very compliant suspension, low Fs, and decent sensitivity, rather than a subwoofer with a stiffer suspension and high power handling. Wire up each rear channel and expect a notch or two better than stock performance. Look on PE for some raw drivers.
Ya know, that actually sounds feasible. Run each 4 ohm coil off a rear HU channel. Could you find a driver that would work for him? (I'm no speaker guru).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.