Woah !! New Boston Acoustics OVAL subwoofer *** PICS ****

Could it be run IB? I don't really know how to tell using t-S specs.
very high Qts, would likely be very good IB //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

This sub has been in existance for years....never really got popular. But what gets me is, If its a SQ orientated sub, why the replaceable cone? that denotes high SPL useage / a need to change it out because you fried it with 8 jizziliion watts during a burp.
Dumb azz post man .... this sub has NOT been in exsistance for years , it was only JUST released. If you did your homework before you posted , you'd see that ALL of the subs in Boston's new line-up have the replaceable voice coil feature ... from the least expensive model to .....

dont sound waves travel in circles not ovals or squares or triangles or whatever other shape sub there is out there now..just a thought i could be wrong.

It is not oval. An oval has a constant varying radius around the perimeter. If you bisect a circle, separate the 2 arcs and connect them with 2 parallel lines you get the net shape of this subwoofer. SPG has a racetrack shape.

dont sound waves travel in circles not ovals or squares or triangles or whatever other shape sub there is out there now..just a thought i could be wrong.
hahahahha.

idiot.

Dumb azz post man .... this sub has NOT been in exsistance for years , it was only JUST released. If you did your homework before you posted , you'd see that ALL of the subs in Boston's new line-up have the replaceable voice coil feature ... from the least expensive model to .....

he said cone, not coil dumb ****.

This sub has been in existance for years....never really got popular. But what gets me is, If its a SQ orientated sub, why the replaceable cone? that denotes high SPL useage / a need to change it out because you fried it with 8 jizziliion watts during a burp.
The first mass production of SPG started on March 20, 2006 with shipments to dealers commencing on March 29, 2006. Manufacturing development began in 2004. SPG is built in Peabody, MA.

Whether you are burping or listening to music, the potential exists to cause damage to the subwoofer. With SPG, if you smash the cone or rip the surround, you can replace it. If you roast the voice-coil, you can replace it without removing SPG from the enclosure. If you drop SPG and break the frame, you can rebuild it. If you want to black chrome the heat sink cover, you can remove it and do so.

SPG is completely modular and every part can be removed & reassembled in the field. SPG does not need to be returned to Boston if it gets messed up. It may be the first subwoofer that the owner can expect to use for a lifetime.

How do you think the SPL compares to a 15? A 12? I think this might be cool to do 2 side by side. I wish it had a lower mounting depth, then I could do 2 of them under my backseat in my truck, or I could raise the seat about 3 inches, that would be pretty sick.

It is not oval. An oval has a constant varying radius around the perimeter. If you bisect a circle, separate the 2 arcs and connect them with 2 parallel lines you get the net shape of this subwoofer. SPG has a racetrack shape.
What you describe is an ellipse. The sub is an oval. Ever heard of an ellipse track? Nope cause it doesn't exist. It's called and oval track cause the track in is an oval shape. Who'da thought?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.