with what equip can i hit atleast 157db?

you guys are so **** harsh to him and usually its funny, but....he doesnt seem bothered by it. i gotta give some props on that. they usually break a lot faster.
tons of credit to OP. I don't think anyone has legitimately tried to help him. Nice install BTW

Well, if you want above a 150 legal on the dash, youre going to have to change a lot of things.

First, get another zx2500.

Second, build the box so the subs and port fire into the passenger area of the car.

Third, seal off around the box so no air can get into the trunk

Fourth, get more batteries.

Fifth, test test test on a termlab. Then when you're done testing, build another box and test again.

there's no set formula/equipment to hitting 150 dB. Especially in a trunk car. If it was as easy as that, then everyone would be hitting 150 dB.

Anyone can pay for an install like that.
nG

you know what, i hadn't factored that in. so to original poster did you install that or did someone else? then, and only then, will i give my true opinion!

doesnt phase me none, but i was suprized how negative ppl were this time but o well.i dont stress on sh*t that dont matter u know
well if you wade through all the jokes and insults the truth is in there. and the truth is, there is no equipment that is going to guarantee anything.

a good bit of the way your system sounds is based on the install. tuning, actual box construction, which way you load the woofers (ie, off the truck, the side, facing forward, or up, with the port in either one of those directions as well) etc etc etc. you can gain or lose db's just by changing up your current system. but it requires work, money and time on the mic. i see your video and it seems you care about what it looks like. if you want to get loud that has to be second priority. keep changing different things about the enclosure (like i said, tuning size, which way everything loads) and then testing it.

once you found something that works for you, THEN make it pretty. you have a **** good start with 2 15" l7's and 2500+ watts. just gotta keep squeezing db's out of it.

thats essentially what they are telling you, they are just pissed because believe it or not, we get this **** all the time everyday.

2morrow im meeting up with a DD dealer to see wut my options are in my trunk if possible we r goin to try and put 2-9515's but hehas to take measurements tmorrow. ill be running each sub with a zx2500

2morrow im meeting up with a DD dealer to see wut my options are in my trunk if possible we r goin to try and put 2-9515's but hehas to take measurements tmorrow. ill be running each sub with a zx2500
Now thats a good start but you still wont get respect from people on here unless you do the install yourself...

but its not like our approval even matters

you are better off with the 15" l7's IMO. a good bit more cone area (getting close to 2 18" round woofers). i would try to exhaust full potential out of this setup before dropping more cash.

Oh dont go changing your tune now that Ng said something...

Brown noser
Please. For some reason I assume people do their own installs always, and first glance at those pics that is what i thought. Still a nice install, just too bad he didnt do it.

i didnt install it. 2nd, i could careless on the appearance, i care more about spl. 3rd, ive been planning on building a vented box to see wut kind of #'s i could get. i havent posted any build ideas cuz i havent got the dimensions yet but when i do, i plan on asking u guys for advice on tuning freq and design. as u can see in my picture i have that vent through my rear deck so i figured id have the vent shooting the air through there but now sure which way to face subs. i want yalls ideas so speak of any if u have any

i didnt install it. 2nd, i could careless on the appearance, i care more about spl. 3rd, ive been planning on building a vented box to see wut kind of #'s i could get. i havent posted any build ideas cuz i havent got the dimensions yet but when i do, i plan on asking u guys for advice on tuning freq and design. as u can see in my picture i have that vent through my rear deck so i figured id have the vent shooting the air through there but now sure which way to face subs. i want yalls ideas so speak of any if u have any
if you dont care about appearance then you have some options.

ported is definitely the way to go...just not sure how your going to fit the huge ass box its going to turn into.

Big improvement... better step towards your goal.

In all reality, just to let you know...

Doubling of cone area = +3dB (So, 2 15's... to 4 15's)

Doubling of power = +3dB (so 2500 to 5000 watts)

Remember this is in absolute IDEAL conditions, the MAXIMUM you would ever gain. You will NOT gain this... just an //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif This is just so you realize you ideals/goals.

nG

well i would love to play around and do my installs and build my own boxes but i live in a high rise so i dont have a garage or anywhere to do these things at. car audio is 1 of the 2 things ive always wanted to do as a career but i had to be realistic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.