wiring up TWO amps to remote....

allyourblood
10+ year member

kill the fakes
okay, for some reason, i can't search. it hasn't worked for a few hours now, and who knows when it'll start to work again, so....

tomorrow, i'm finishing an install of new wiring to my 4 interior speakers, and adding a 65wx4 amp. this amp will sit right next to my sub amp, and will need to be attached to my remote lead. i have read a few results from a Yahoo search, and most folks suggest "daisy chaining" the remote terminal from the sub amp to the 4ch amp.

is this the "proper" way to do this? i'm interested in doing it the right way, since i'll have my car all taken apart anyway, it won't be any trouble to run any extra wires, and so on. however, if its okay to just jump from my sub amp to my 4ch, then that's wicked-simple, and all is well.. thanks!

abe m.

Id say more than two amps would require a relay to do it properly, but I have never had a problem daisy chaining two amps.

I would just daisy chain them.

yep, i chained them with no problems today. jumped from the remote on my CA800 straight to my CA440. i would definitely like to move on to a relay, if that's the proper way, but it can wait. thanks for all the help, folks!

abe m.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.