Wiring tweeters with coaxials

Participant count
  • Participant list

TimBugMH10
10+ year member

Hey guys, havn't been on here in a while.

Anyways, I have a alpine SPR-136A set but one of my midranges got damaged so I was thinking could I buy a pair of 5.25" coaxials and wire them with the tweeters and the crossovers from the component set. Would this work or would the sound from the coaxial be bad because it is only getting the lower frequencies?

Please help me out!

it should have a built in crossover, so u can just wire it straight to the amp, to my knowledge. but yes, ur right, if u wire it to the xover, its only gonna see the midrange freq's.

pos of amp to pos of speaker and vise versa w/ the neg...... heh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by Goddyd4me pos of amp to pos of speaker and vise versa w/ the neg...... heh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I know what wire goes where, what i am asking is: If I have a set of coaxials hooked up right now, and I want to add tweeters how would they be hooked up? Do I just splice the wires from the tweeter to the wires from the coaxial or should I use the crossover?

You need a crossover for the comp's tweeter. If you put the coaxials in where the mid was (crossover still wired), it'd play the same range as the comp did, and its tweeter would probably not work. I'd try that. Or maybe even snip the wire off the coax's tweet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.