Wiring to trunk

Just wrap it in loom and ziptie it to the frame. The PVC would be a pain in the ass. Nothing really hits under your car. Just fuse it under the hood and in the trunk. I drive my van with a rack of batteries and wire hanging beneath the frame and I hop curbs all the time for my job. If I can do that, youre fine just looming and strapping it to the frame rails.

If you cant find the hole in your trunk, just drill another and seal it as best you can. Heck, I have holes drilled in my floorboards that I havent even sealed up yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

man tomorrow im goin to look really hard at the FW to see if there is a hole or something i really dont wanna run it under the car but I also dont want to drill a hole
I might just bite the bullet and pay the audio shop to do it for 100 bucks man
their just gonna drill a hole in the FW.. you can do it for free.. why pay them 100 bucks? lol

man tomorrow im goin to look really hard at the FW to see if there is a hole or something i really dont wanna run it under the car but I also dont want to drill a hole
I might just bite the bullet and pay the audio shop to do it for 100 bucks man
Just run the fucking wire under the car. You will be finished with it in less than 5 minutes.

Just wrap it in loom and ziptie it to the frame. The PVC would be a pain in the ass. Nothing really hits under your car. Just fuse it under the hood and in the trunk. I drive my van with a rack of batteries and wire hanging beneath the frame and I hop curbs all the time for my job. If I can do that, youre fine just looming and strapping it to the frame rails.
If you cant find the hole in your trunk, just drill another and seal it as best you can. Heck, I have holes drilled in my floorboards that I havent even sealed up yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
So 2 fuses why 2?

I too run under the car (van). Mines along side a frame rail, with heavy duty zip ties. Not those cheap 100/$1 kind, but the commercial AC type. Think about it, you allready have a bunch of wires under there, gas tank sending units, tranny wires, ect. No big deal, just do it right.

On a side note.. Tesla was working on a wireless electrical network when it cauht fire and burned to the ground. He also started work on one in NY, but it was never completed.

Running under the car is no big deal, but Im sure theres a firewall hoel somewhere youre missing, Ive never seen a car without one myself.

If you go under the car, Id personally just grab a pack of split loom and ziptie it underneath away from hot spots and moving parts, which is easy, shouldnt take more than an hour, including drilling a hole in the back somewhere unnoticeable to pull the wire through, and as said, use a gromet

just a ? when running it under the car how do you guys get it past the 2 front tires? and all that is im sure once you get it past that it will be a piece of cake?

So I was out there today trying to look for a hole in my FW but couldnt find one so I decided that im just gonna run it under my car... so im goin to drill a hole in my front passenger wheel well run it along the frame and then drill another hole in the rear passenger wheel well and get in it into my trunk that way.

My question is what size drill bit will i need?

And can i buy rubber gormets at Home Depot, i have plastic ones but it is hard a **** to get the wire thru those

find your brakes master cylinder. Follow those lines down under the car. They will be following the frame rail to the rear wheeels. You should not be drilling anything if your running it under the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.