WIRING SUBWWOFERS why clipping!

Participant count
  • Participant list
im sorry how do i do that! im a noob!

Hahaha time to learn!

It's really simple.

Let's say you have a wire that's a foot long and it's 2 ohms. If you wire another wire side by side, it effectively makes a single wire that's now twice as large (diameter), so you get 1 ohm of resistance. If you connect the 2 ohm wire to the end of another 2 ohm wire, to make a 2 foot long wire (double the length), the resistance doubles to 4 ohms.

So all 3 subs at 4 ohms, when you run them at parallel, means 4/3 = 1.33 repeating. It should be somewhere around 1.3 ohms, 1.4, something close to that. If it's not, you've got a problem somewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Signal flow should be HU to DSP to amps. You would lose the ability to EQ and time align the sub with the DSP unit if you bypassed the DSP.
Box rise, more accurately, impedance rise, is the reactive load changes the woofer exhibits at different frequencies and it will happen, it's...
thanks 1aespinoza for advice I decided to not use the blaupunk I got a real nice Pioneer.
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. The dsp is an afterthought. I haven't installed anything yet but I put a budget system together. I already...

About this thread

BUSAMAN2013

CarAudio.com Newbie
BUSAMAN2013
APOPKA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from