Wiring subs to box

Participant count
  • Participant list

jharijan
10+ year member

This might be a really stupid question but I'm a newbie to this stuff so hopefully you'll cut me a little slack. I just got my box but am a little confused about how to wire them from my box to the amp. I have a mono amp so to wire my subs in parallel do I connect the + from the amp to the +'s of each terminal on the box and the same with the -'s or do I connect the + from one terminal on the box to the + on the other side of the box and then from that one to the + on the amp and the same with the negative. If this is a really dumb question I apologise so your patience is appreciated, thanks.

its an mtx mono 2ohm amp and the subs are two jlw3 4 ohm subs that I want to wire in parallel. the box has a terminal cup for each sub so I'm just a little confused on how to wire them in parallel. do i have to wire positive to positive from one speaker to the next then a single wire from one of those to the positive on the amp, or can I just wire it from the positive on the amp to each positive on each sub?

its an mtx mono 2ohm amp and the subs are two jlw3 4 ohm subs that I want to wire in parallel. the box has a terminal cup for each sub so I'm just a little confused on how to wire them in parallel. do i have to wire positive to positive from one speaker to the next then a single wire from one of those to the positive on the amp, or can I just wire it from the positive on the amp to each positive on each sub?
What is the amp's model number? It may be internally bridged which will make this much easier.

run wires from both cups like normal, positive and negative, run both positives into pos terminal on amp and both negs into neg terminal on amp. thats the easiest for you. don't bother jumping from cup to cup

run wires from both cups like normal, positive and negative, run both positives into pos terminal on amp and both negs into neg terminal on amp. thats the easiest for you. don't bother jumping from cup to cup
cool, that way they'll still be wired in parallel right?

Unfortunately I do not know the frequency of my ported box, anyone know a way to find that out, or if not how to set the subsonic setting on my amp without that information?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.