Wiring subs from 4 ohm to 2 ohm? Help!

lipski24.ml
10+ year member

Wisconsin
I am going to be buying another sub. So i will have a pair of Kenwood KFC-3013ps. I was going to buy the Audiopipe APSM1500. Now i need to know how to wire them from 4 ohm to 2 ohm! But can i een wire from 4 to 2 ohm? Or do i have to wire to 1 ohm? And how to wire it to the amp! A diagram would be great!! New to wiring and everything so need lots of help! Thanks!

I am going to be buying another sub. So i will have a pair of Kenwood KFC-3013ps. I was going to buy the Audiopipe APSM1500. Now i need to know how to wire them from 4 ohm to 2 ohm! But can i een wire from 4 to 2 ohm? Or do i have to wire to 1 ohm? And how to wire it to the amp! A diagram would be great!! New to wiring and everything so need lots of help! Thanks!
I assume they are DVC? You can wire them individually to 2 ohm if they are, but your options are 1,4,8 ohm if wiring them together. Just make sure you buy an amp that is 1 ohm stable and you'll be gravy. To wire them down to 1 ohm you need to wire them in parallel, so on each sub + to + and - to -, then wire the + and - on Sub B to the + and - on Sub A then wire the + and - on Sub A to the + and - terminals on the monoblock amp. Voilà! 1 ohm!

If the are single vc, they are prob 4ohm, the best you can do is a 2ohm final. If you box has two terminal cups, wire the pos/neg to its own pos/neg on the amp. That will produce your 2ohm load. Should be ok with that amp, just remeber, no bass boost on the amp or from the head unit. What type box? As in sealed or ported?

The easiest way is to wire them regularly to the separate terminals on the box. Then run the 2 positives together into the amp and the 2 negatives together into the amp. Voila! 2 ohm load. That amp should do around 900 at 2 so you're going to want to watch your gain. Kenwood doesn't make the nicest subs...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.