Wiring stock HU to sub and amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
go to a local audio store or best buy or something. You want to get a line-out converter. This will have 2 sets of speaker wire which is usually best to hook up to the rear speakers. That way you can fade it to the front if you ever wanna turn ur sub down. You can do this behind the radio if you want to have ur rca's up there, or you can tap into your rear speakers(if there accessible)from your trunk. pretty easy to do if you have some exposed 6x9s or something in your trunk.

Then again not sure what kind of vehicle you have.

Either way grab a line out converter and that will transfer speaker wire input into rca output. Grab some self tappers from a hardware store or if you already have them to get a good connection.

Using a line out converter on the rear speaker wire, will this mean I will then need a crossover so no high frequencies reach my sub.
if you have a mono amp, it should have a LPF built in. this may not be the case for all amps though. what amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.