Incorrect Wiring, Plz help

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigSachsy1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Recruit
Ok, so I have an 800 watt nitro amp powering 2 12 inch baja subwoofers with a ported box, and a 600 watt 4 channel sony explode amp powering 3 speakers all in a 1995 jeep. The original setup was 2 10 in jl subs with the 4 channel 600 watt sony (still only 3 speakers), and the 10's used to rattle and beat way harder than these 2 12's even seem capable of doing. I have an aftermarket sony deck, and the sony amp is connected to this as as well as the subs i think. I ran a blue power wire from the sony (600 watt) to the nitro (800 watt) and it turns on and everything and powers the subs. I also have a "Y Split" between the amps. The subs are connected to the 800 watt nitro. Now I did something wrong because (a) the older subs used to pound incredibly better (b) the right front right speaker plays when I turn the speaker settings all the way to the left, and © the front right speaker, (which is a 160 watt sony) is louder than the back two original speakers. I would really appreciate it if someone could share the knowledge that would save me money and time, and I would be forever grateful. I'm relatively new to the car audio scene, and helping me fix this would be greatly welcomed and not forgotten.

Hmm ok lets see so you have 2 12's now and use to have 2 10's both were powered by the same amp. What ohm load did you have with the jl's? What ohm load do you have with the bajas?

i had a 2 ohm load with the tens n i believe its now at 4 ohms but not totally sure..but now i have a diff amp powering the 12's and the old amp powering the speakers

That nitro and sony amp prob put out very close to the same power. U kind of answered your own question the reason the 2 10's were louder is due to them getting more power. I mean you can give me the model numbers of said amps and I could prob be alil more specific with my answer.

Ok the nitro amp is giving you 125-150watts total . The sony will give you around 150-200watts total. Thats assuming you have the nitro @4ohm and the sony @2ohm. I will just be frank with you. You need a better amp plain and simple. I am not sure about the baja speakers but the jl's even if they were the w0 series are prob 10times better then the baja's.

I mean I have no info on baja speakers but Sony speakers are pure garbage so IDK. I say time to save up and redo the system. You could keep the sony amp to power whatever door speakers you decide to run but a new mono amp and sub/box would be your best bet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.