Wiring Speakers

Fender5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Arkansas
I have 2 Seleniums that are 8 ohms. I forgot about it when I bought these RE 6X9s, and they are 4 ohms.

I have the 6x9s wired and the seleniums not hooked up because I am afraid of running it at the weird ohms.

The Crescendo is not 1 ohm stable, but this is the only amp I am using in my system for now.

Is there any wiring options, or should I just upgrade these 6" seleniums to some 7" 4 ohm speakers?

The Crescendo is a 4 ch amp, right?

I am guessing you will run the 6x9's in back and 6" Seleniums in front?

The amp will be fine...the only problem is the 6x9's will play louder. If you add a 8ohm tweeter to each selenium, you will have a more balanced sound.

i'm just trying to get all 4 speakers working.

The seleniums are midbass. I have tweeters ran off the HU.

I bought the 6X9s because I took the subs out. They sound great off the Crescendo. only speakers I have connected right now.

if you spend some time trying to get the front speakers (woofers and tweeters) running of the front amp channels your overall sound will be better. i assume the 6x9 are in the rear deck?

you don't want to bridge the amp to left and right and combine front and rear - while it could work, you lose level adjustment front/rear.

ideally, everything sounds like it comes from up front. that requires the front speakers are louder than the rears.

if you spend some time trying to get the front speakers (woofers and tweeters) running of the front amp channels your overall sound will be better. i assume the 6x9 are in the rear deck? you don't want to bridge the amp to left and right and combine front and rear - while it could work, you lose level adjustment front/rear.

ideally, everything sounds like it comes from up front. that requires the front speakers are louder than the rears.
i went ahead and wired each speaker to its channel respectively. the rear deck is deadened, sounds great.

Do you have any idea what ohm load I am running?

Seleniums: 8 ohms each

REs: 4 ohms each

your running the amp at a total ohm load of 24ohms, which is great because your not over driving the amp.

To explain this better think of it like this you can bridge your rear channels down to 4ohms then each channel will be seeing a final ohm load of 2 which is safe but still pushing the amp because now your at it's lowest possible ohm load, the higher you can keep the ohms and still achieve a good loud crisp sound the better things will run.

your running the amp at a total ohm load of 24ohms, which is great because your not over driving the amp.
that isn't a relevant statement.

each channel reacts independently to the impedance load placed on it. one 8 ohm speaker on a channel is an 8 ohm load on that channel. the speaker will typically get half of the rated 4 ohm power. half power is a 3dB reduction in output. but Selenium speakers are usually more efficient, so there might not be any level difference.

what tweeters do you have up front? you should consider getting them on the amp as well, the HU produces a lot of audible distortion.

So should I keep running it at 24 ohms? It sounds fine and still works good. The sound is more "full" I would say, since I have not had rear fill in a long time. I can hear the rear because it is louder. I am going to readjust the gains later, too **** hot.

The tweeters up front are Dayton rated at 10W RMS lol. Dayton Audio ND16FA-6 5/8" Neodymium Dome Tweeter 275-025

I need to find some good tweeters that can handle the power from my amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.