wiring speakers in series

Participant count
  • Participant list

rboliver

I understand how to wire speakers in series, my confusion is that each speaker has its own crossover. Do I just wire the crossovers in series? In other words wire the positive input on one crossover to positive speaker wire from amp and negative speaker from amp to negative input of second crossover. Then connect the other inputs together. The speakers would then get connected to the outputs of the correct crossover. Need to wire in series due to impedance. Thanks in advance for your help

dont overthink it. past the crossover, to each speaker, it doesnt matter. you want to be concerned with where the power is going into the crossover/component set. that's it.

wire the positive of the amp to the positive of the first component set input, and the negative of that first set into the positive of the second set, and then the negative of the second set back to the amplifier.

this is if you're talking about midrange speakers. subwoofers should not have passive crossovers

Thank you for your help. This is for midrange/tweeters. I think I got it. So the speakers would just connect to the positive/negative of their respective crossover?
correct, wherever they're designated to be connected. follow the manual and markings for that aspect of it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.