wiring ?'s

Participant count
  • Participant list

06chargerguy
10+ year member

I have a kicker zx650.4 and a zx1500.1. What size power and ground wires should I use? Where is the best location to ground the wires? Can anyone point me to a comprehensive guide to tuning amps with a dmm and test tones? I had best buy, who are a bunch of pirates, install my equipment but they are unable to tune amps properly because best buy employs monkeys in their install bay. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Should my ground wires be the same size as the power wires? Can I ground both to the same olscr or should I ground them in different locations?
In that car, your battery is in the trunk right? Simply run the power and ground wires directly to the battery. Like the poster above said, 4 gauge for the 600.4 and 1/0 for the 1500.1. Now I would expect you to have a dead battery in no time with 2100W RMS. You should seriously consider a better battery (AGM Deep Cycle) and possibly a bigger alt. If you play the music at high levels all the time, you for sure will kill the battery and the alt, possibly your amps as well.

Thanks for the help guys. My alternator is 160 amps. Do any companies make a more powerful alternator for my car? Should I run a dual battery setup or upgrade my stock battery? My stock battery us 730 cold cranking amps.

Any suggestions as to how powerful a second battery I would need. I am pretty sure I want to go with kinetik HC2400. Is that powerful enough or is it too powerful? I don't plan on upgrading my amps unless of course I blow them. I truly appreciate all the help you guys are giving me. Everyone of you that answer my questions deserves a cold beer on me.

Any suggestions as to how powerful a second battery I would need. I am pretty sure I want to go with kinetik HC2400. Is that powerful enough or is it too powerful? I don't plan on upgrading my amps unless of course I blow them. I truly appreciate all the help you guys are giving me. Everyone of you that answer my questions deserves a cold beer on me.

Since your alternator is so strong for a stock, do the big 3 and get a good starting battery. You will need a back one, but 2400 maybe overkill. Do the big 3 and get a bigger front battery and see where that takes you.

Honestly I would think that just one HC2400 might be enough, but if you want to be sure I would go with a second one and you for sure would be able to rock out. The second HC2400 would give you the ability to rock out with the car off. If you never run the audio without the car on, I would go for just the single HC2400.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.