Wiring Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

srt4100
10+ year member

atx
I have a few questions. First, I was wondering if I could use a metal connector to combine peices of wire for my power wire. I dont have a single wire to reach from my battery to my amp, but i have enough if i connect 2 peices. Second, if my amp has an external fuse rating of 200, should i get a 200a, 240a, or 250a fuse. Knukonceptz has a fuse holder that takes 3 mini anl fuses so 80x3 is 240a. Lastly, which grade wire should i use to go to my subs? I will be putting 700-800 rms to them. Thanks for any help.

You can splice wires together, provided you use the correct method. There are couplers out there designed to connect multiple pieces of large gauge wire. Be sure to insulate the connection well.

Fuse the size wire you are running. If you're running 1/0 to the trunk, use a 250 or 300A fuse.

12 gauge wire for the amp to subs.

What do you mean by insulate them? Under my hood I have a 0 gauge wire connected to 2 8 guage wires by using a metal connector that has 2 screws on the top to hold down the wire. And I have electrical tape wrapped around it.

He means insulate the connection you make with the two wires and make sure you have a fuse where your battery is before the wire goes threw the fire wall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.