wiring questions!

Participant count
  • Participant list

R0ID_RAGE
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
FLORIDA
the 4ga gold RING terminals, I have 2 of those, and 2 4ga spade terminals...

am i supposed to use 1 ring on the power wire at the battery, and the other on the ground on a piece of metal? then use the spades at the amp?? the ring terminals they gave me dont fit in my amp port...

also, for the speaker wire...its cool if i just wrap the wire in a semi-circle around the screw right?

also, how do you connect the wire to the terminal? strip it, shove it in the hole, the make sure its tight??? how far does the wire have to go?

thank you

Use the ring terminals for the power at the battery and the fuse, or the ground. The spade terminals are usually for the amplifier connections. Yes you can just wrap the wire around the terminal on the amp for the speakers but I don't recommend it. Go to wal-mart or circuit city or anywhere and buy the small spade terminals this way you don't run the risk of grounding something out.

You strip the wire about an inch in most cases, put it in the terminal and crimp the terminal. You should then either use electrical tape to tape around the terminal and the wire a little to cover any exposed wire. or use shrink tubing.

ahhh...so strip the wire, shove it through the hole, squeeze the hole as tight as possible, then wrap electrical tape around the wire! should I tape the exposed wire that comes through the terminal, or just the exposed wire that didn't fit inside the terminal?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.