wiring problem

Nyyankeeman
10+ year member

Will someone please help me with my problem with my antenna? I don't know if it is just not wired right, or if it is a problem with my antenna, but when I turn of my CD Deck, it doesn't lower the antenna. I really want to get it fixed, because there is no manual way to do it, and so I can't go through a car wash. Somebody please help, I have asked the Toyota forum, and nobody there knows.

Thanks, Nick

Check the fuse to the antenna. Maybe it blew and the ant is stuck. Or if you wired it yourself maybe you put the ant relay wire to constant power.

make sure the wire that says power antenna on the back of your deck is connected to the hot for your antena , IF ITS NOT THERE MAY BE AN INTERNAL MALFUNCTION ON IETHER THE DECK OR ANTENA. ITS NOT A BLOWN FUSE

somebody please help me. I bought the 4Runner with the CD player already in it, so I don't know if they hooked it up right or not. I am not really comfortable with tearing apart the dash, but if someone gave me good instructions, I could do it. Or, do you think I could just take it into a Ultimate Electronics or Ciurcut City and have them check it out for free?

For FREE!!!?? If they'll do it for free, then go for it. But i don't know of any shops(at least around here!) that do ANY THING for free!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Your dealer or a favorite local mechanic would be a better bet than a stereo shop. Even one of those service centers like PepBoys. But be prepared to pay $50 for diagnosis.

Power antennas don't last forever by the way - mine just crapped out last week. Typical failure mode is the plastic teeth inside break off and the motor keeps running trying to raise or lower it. People usually just disconnect them (like I did) because its a royal pain to replace. Check the wiring harness in your car near the antenna and see if there's a connector unplugged.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.