Wiring Problem, Search didn't help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Texduc
10+ year member

I promise I did a search but couldn't find anything. I'm sure this is basic knowledge but I want to be sure.

I've got 2 SVC 4 ohm subs and a mono amp with two speaker outputs. I'm wiring in parallel to make it 2 ohm. My problem is that I only put one output jack in the enclosure and both subs are wired to it. Should I simply wire it to one side of outputs on the amp or install another output jack on the enclosure?

I would really prefer to not install another output jack but will if I have to.

Any advice or help would be very appreciated.

Just hook both the subs up to that one jack and use one set of the terminals on the amp. The 2 sets of terminals are just for convenience, if it's a mono amp then they're connected internally. If your running a crazy amount of power though, you might want to run dedicated wires for each sub...

you dont need a output jack( or better known as speaker terminal) on the enclosure. you could drill a hole and run the wire through the hole and just put something to seal the hole you ran the wire through

Just hook both the subs up to that one jack and use one set of the terminals on the amp. The 2 sets of terminals are just for convenience, if it's a mono amp then they're connected internally. If your running a crazy amount of power though, you might want to run dedicated wires for each sub...
That's what I was hoping for but just didn't want to screw anything up with my ignorance. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.