amp going into protection

Participant count
  • Participant list

wyatt315
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
charlotte
my amp is going into protection with out the wires even hooked up to the subs i beleive it is because of the ground but no matter where i move the ground it wont work but if i wiggle the ground around or touch a spot of metal the subs will start booming im not sure why when i screw it down it just stays in protection but if i rub it around and find the right spot it'll play its pissing me off

Sounds like you've got yourself a nice groundloop.

Get a groundloop isolator, make sure your ground is grounded to the chassis on SANDED metal.. BARE metal, no paint at ALL.

redo your wires, like redo your ground (on bare metal of the frame) or just do a run to your negative on your battery like your suppose to

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.