Custom rear speaker pannel (6 speakers!)

Tapil
10+ year member

I got a idea to use anthor power amp to power up a pannel of 6 speakers can anyone give some advice or input on my set up?

4 - 6x9 speakers

2 - 6.5 speakers

1 - 1000w power amp

Each speaker plans to be RMS of atleast 200w so if I have 6 of them that divides the power up by 6 right? Making each speaker Gain about 167w so that would mean i wouldnt blow them up right?

Ive never used a power amp to power anything besides subwoofers before - but this car i bought came stock with no rear speakers! there are holes but nothing there - thus this is where i got this idea from (97 subaru Impreza brighton coupe)

If you look in my picture I have 3 speakers wired +++ --- > AMP + - and the same set up on the opposite side of the amp

Whats not listed is the fact that I have a 1000w amp powering a 10" sub with RCA outputs that will be going into this new amps inputs

Nothing for this procject has been purchased so dont ask what im using yet - most likely alpines however...

>>>The forum is preventing me from posting a picture?

>Post denied new posts are limited to the number of urls

I will try and post it in my 2nd post

All of this is being mounted into a thin piece of wood and placed over my cars rear shelf behind the rear seats the gap in the middle is where my 3rd brake light would be

Last edited by a moderator:
route.jpg

You should build your doors, not your rear deck.
Maybe they are already built.

Maybe my car has no doors.

Maybe the topic was about my rear deck being wired up and powered by an amp to run 6 speakers?

Please stay on topic xD

rear deck is kind of useless. Build up the front stage doors, and if you already have then do something else with your money. And if you can't find anything else to do with your money you can always just paypal it to one of us

Exactly what amplifier were you planning on using for this? If it's a subwoofer amplifier I can almost guarantee you won't be able to use it to power full range speakers, they're designed differently.

I asked about my wiring - not about where i should or shouldnt place my speakers. I see not ONE single reply to answer any concerns in my 1st post

Never once did i get mad i just asked to stay on topic but i can see this is going to be a dead thread so whatever.

Exactly what amplifier were you planning on using for this? If it's a subwoofer amplifier I can almost guarantee you won't be able to use it to power full range speakers, they're designed differently.
its not a sub amp - as i said i have not bought the amp to power the range yet. I was just wondering is there a problem going rca from a sub amp to a full range amp

just another noob asking a ******* question. then when we tell them it doesnt work they get mad like we pissed in there cheerios.
Wow your a genius! as i stated in the 1st line of my post "Ive neve done something like this before" thus making me a nub/newb/n00b or however ealse you wana spell it

Is this forum really only made of trolls? Heck id do better off on youtube atleast the trolls on there give you some remotely vaulable input while flaming

If you don't want our input, why create this thread?
Thread was created with a question of wiring issues.

Everyone calls me a moron for where im chosing to mount the speakers and pays no attention to what i asked. Call me a idiot or whatever - fine but answer my question in the process

what are you trying to ask here none of your first post makes any sense
Can I power 6 200RMS speakers with a range 1000w amp?

Can I run RCA from the output of my sub amp to a range amp?

Can 3 speakers be wired together with each + going to each + and each - going to each - then going to the amp?

*Picture inlcuded in 2nd post as well*

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.