Wiring my 2 Kicker Comp 12s and Profile CA800

Participant count
  • Participant list

TwiztedRolla
10+ year member

I have my 2 12" Kicker Comp VRs (4 ohm,DVC, 50 - 400 watts RMS). I ordered my Profile CA800 amp today and I need help on how to wire them for the best/loudest sound. I'm planning on building the subs into my trunk (spare tire well). Someone told me to run the subs parallel and bridge the amp, but I'm not sure if that would be best. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Profile CA800

800 watts Max Power

200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms

300 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms

600 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms

4-ohm stable in bridged mode

^ that's what it says on the site I ordered it from.

Originally posted by TwiztedRolla Profile CA800

800 watts Max Power

200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms

300 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms

600 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms

4-ohm stable in bridged mode

^ that's what it says on the site I ordered it from.
Well, you have two options:

1. You can wire each sub in parallel to it's own channel so the amp sees a 2-ohm stereo load

2. You can wire each sub in series and then bridge the amp so it sees a 4-ohm bridged load

Either way will work fine. If you need a pic to help explain it better just tell me.

ur amp is not 1 ohm stable, so your best option i would say is to bridge it, or you could wire each sub parallel and one sub to each channel, either way each sub will get 300 watts rms. so you choose it, bridging u will have less wire showing, just one pos and one neg to the amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.