Wiring multiple speakers and a sub to an amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
I recently bought a 2000 Hyundai Tiburon, and all the speakers are thoroughly wrecked. Im going to be purchasing all new everything for this car. This will be my first audio system. My question is how many channels should I have on an amp to wire 2 tweeters (front) 4 speakers (2 front 2 rear) and a sub (rear) ?

Budget is flexible, I know 2 seperate amps would be better, but is it necessary? I dont have too much trunk room with this car. Im willing to do 2 amps if its a huge difference in quality/reliability. But having 2 amps AND a 12" sub is gonna take a good hunk of space away

Thats what I figured, so next question how would I go about wiring 7 speakers to a 5 channel amp? Obviously the sub gets its own channel but then I still have 6 speakers on 4 channels. Should i put the 2 tweeters on their own two channels and split the last 2 channels between the 4 speakers? Or put two speakers on their own channel and split the other two channels with 1 tweeter and one speaker each?

Edit: The two tweeters are in the dashboard and my front speakers are in the doors if that makes a difference

Thats what I figured, so next question how would I go about wiring 7 speakers to a 5 channel amp? Obviously the sub gets its own channel but then I still have 6 speakers on 4 channels. Should i put the 2 tweeters on their own two channels and split the last 2 channels between the 4 speakers? Or put two speakers on their own channel and split the other two channels with 1 tweeter and one speaker each? Edit: The two tweeters are in the dashboard and my front speakers are in the doors if that makes a difference
Simple: My Tahoe has 2 spkrs in each door, a 6.5" and 1" in the armrest. They're combined, with an x-over, So those are taken care of by ch 1 and 2 on the amp. The rear speakers will likely be on ch3 and ch 4 on the amp. Sub is taken care of by the single ch of the amp. Your situation will be very similar to mine.

Okay, now lets say I want to skip the tweeter replacement and disconnect them and just do 4 coaxial speakers (my end goal is good bass so high range isnt important just mid and low range) and the sub, each one on its own channel obviously, but would I still need/should I still use a x-over?

Okay, now lets say I want to skip the tweeter replacement and disconnect them and just do 4 coaxial speakers (my end goal is good bass so high range isnt important just mid and low range) and the sub, each one on its own channel obviously, but would I still need/should I still use a x-over?
many people here run component speakers simply because they provide better overall sound once they're tuned to your ears vs. coaxile speakers. And...comp speakers can typically handle more power too. It's up to you tho. You want clean loud sound, crisp highs and so on, comp speakers are it. You want ok sound, not much power handling, don't care much, then coaxile it is. Comp spkrs do come with x-overs. Some HU come with built in x-overs as well. coaxile speakers don't have any x-overs with them.

I recently bought a 2000 Hyundai Tiburon, and all the speakers are thoroughly wrecked. Im going to be purchasing all new everything for this car. This will be my first audio system. My question is how many channels should I have on an amp to wire 2 tweeters (front) 4 speakers (2 front 2 rear) and a sub (rear) ?
u can run tweets off hu as long as they have inline xover or xover on hu run other 4 speakers and sub on amp.. or like tahoe said 2 amps, u can get ppi 1k like mine and ppi 900.4 for mids like $300 for both amps., and peeps on here with massive systems run the ppi amps on mids., 1 guy has 4 2 channels..

Simple: My Tahoe has 2 spkrs in each door, a 6.5" and 1" in the armrest. They're combined, with an x-over, So those are taken care of by ch 1 and 2 on the amp. The rear speakers will likely be on ch3 and ch 4 on the amp. Sub is taken care of by the single ch of the amp. Your situation will be very similar to mine.
The reason I want to skip the tweeters is because they're located in my dashboard and I'd have to pull the whole dash apart so basically I would have to get in X over if I did coaxials?

The reason I want to skip the tweeters is because they're located in my dashboard and I'd have to pull the whole dash apart so basically I would have to get in X over if I did coaxials?
There's no grille covering the tweeters? Or is the entire dashboard part of the "grille" with slots or a bunch of circles in it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.