Wiring Mess, need some help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vectork39
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NJ
Hey im relatively new to this, and im not sure what the hell is going on. Starting at the front of the car, i have a 240 amp alternator with a yellow top, then moving into the car, i have a pioneer 7600, probably switching into a lcd/dvd soon, but then i have two pioneer tweeters up front, two pioneer 6x9''s up front, and 2 pioneer 6.5's in the back , the door speakers will be running off a 500 watt 4 channel amp. then two 12" re xxx subs with 2 hifonics brutus 1500's powering them... i plan on running a 4 g wiring kit for the door amp, and two 0 g wiring kits for the sub amps

first question- battery terminals, im not sure which ones to get, since im doing the big three with 0g wire, and wiring amps with 0g, it would make sense to have one that has two 0g inputs...http://www.cardomain.com/item/LITSFBCU2

my other problem is how to wire the amps? should i wire them independently or should i distribute the 0g wire into two 0g and 1 4g, if so how would i do that?

Battery terminals are convienent, get whatever you like.

It might be easier to run a massive (possibly 2/0) feed from the battery to a distro block, and then run your individual amp wires from there. Less overall cable to run, and with big gauge cable, any space you can save is important.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.