wiring Kicker l7 w/ Xtant

Participant count
  • Participant list

specific112
10+ year member

Ok my equipment is this: 2 600 watt 10" Kicker Solo Baric L7's in a sealed enclosure, and an Xtant 1001dx one channel amplifier.

My question is how to wire the subs, parallel or series? The other question I have is should I run 4 ohms and 250 watts, 2 ohms and 500 watts, or 1 ohm and 1000 watts? I know absolutely nothing about this stuff. I just know I like really clean liquid bass. Thanks for the input (hopefully).

Originally posted by JTz62 Well first off, do you know if you have dual 4 or dual 2 ohm voice coils? Also, does the Xtant put out max power at 2 ohms or 1 ohm?
I'm not sure about what max power is really referring to, but I just know that it is 1000 watts at a 1 ohm. And I have the dual 4 ohm voice coils.

Originally posted by specific112 I just double checked and the subs are actually dual 2 ohm
You really need dual 4 ohm subs to get the full output of your amp. The best thing you can do is run it at 2 ohms with those subs. If you can't exchange them for dual 4's then wire them in series-parallel. That means series each speaker, then parallel the speaker wires at the amp. This will give you a 2 ohm mono load.

the 1001 could probly run fine at .5 ohms (both subs wired in parallel) if you really wanted it to. You'd have to be real careful though. The amp should be stable but you should also consider the power your sending to those subs. I have heard of the 1001 delivering 2500 watts into .5 an ohm and even for those subs . . . thats a lot of power. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.