Wiring four front speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jazz
10+ year member

Montreal
Hi

Sorry for the noob question.

I have a 4 channel amp to power my 2 dash and 2 door speakers.

I have a 2 channel amp to power my 2 rear speakers.

My question is how do i wire the 4 front speakers using the four channel amp?

The Head Unit has 2 RCA OUT for the Front and 2 RCA OUT for the rear.

If i only send the 2 Front RCA OUT wires to the four channel amp, how will the other 2 front speakers work?

Thanks for any help

J

thanks for the reply...

but my amp has four RCA Inputs and i will only be using two of them, dont all four RCA inputs need a signal for all the channels to work?

Ok, yeah probably. Does your amp have an output on it also? If it does, you can run a short RCA from the output to the second set of inputs, and bam, all 4 channels work off the one output from your head unit.

Ok, yeah probably. Does your amp have an output on it also? If it does, you can run a short RCA from the output to the second set of inputs, and bam, all 4 channels work off the one output from your head unit.

it has two RCA Pre Out. CH-1+3 and Ch-2+4.

I have no idea what this is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Example:
outside2.jpg

Is your amp similar to this, with an input and and output labeled accordingly? I know I'm showing a 2 channel here, but just as a reference. Most amps will have an output on the also so, you hook up your first pair of rcas from your head unit to the first two inputs of your amp, then you can run some rcas from the output(ON THE AMP), to the second set of inputs on the amp. Also, what x1le is saying will probably work.

Just run your RCAs from the head unit's output to the "CH-1 and CH-2" inputs on the amp. After than, run an RCA cable from the "Pre output" to the "CH-3 and CH-4" inputs on the amp. Adjust settings, and it should work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.