Is this a good price for an install?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nicky Pass
10+ year member

Chicago
I finally have all of the pieces of the system for my F-150. I bought my Hertz HSK-165s, JL Audio Stealthbox and a PDX-5 to run everything. I already have a Kenwood DDX-514 installed. I have an appointment for everything to get put in next week....to install the Hertz with dynamat and making MDF baffles, run all of the wire for the amp, install the Stealthbox under the seat and install the amp in a board with the passive x-overs, it is going to be $525. This also comes with the policy of they un-install everything for free if I sell the truck too. Is this a good deal?

I did a similar build like this for my dad in a F150 supercab just no dynamat or 6.5's + RF 360, All I charged was a 6 pack bud light lol... You could do it yourself man its very simple....Just time consuming...

The only thing is that I like the fact that if there is an issue with the install....they have to fix it. I've put systems in cars I've owned before, but I've never owned a truck before. Another issus is that my truck has a molex clip instead of a typical rubber boot the goes from the cab to the door. Some say to use the factory wires, some say to drill in the clip...either way, I'd rather have a professional tackle something like that.

Thats not too bad, i've heard of much more ridiculous prices before. Especially that if there's any problems they'll be responsible for it and when u sell the truck they'll uninstall it.

If you have the ability to do it, you can save urself plenty of money and use tht to invest more into ur system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.