Wiring for 2 amps...

Participant count
  • Participant list

agarabaghi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Right now I have always a single amp setup in my truck. I have 0/1 awg coming from the battery with a 80amp fuse by the battery terminal. I had to trim down the wire so it would fit in the 4awg termianl on the amp. My next setup is going to be dual amp setup so I had a few questions.

The current fuse by the battery is the normal AGU 80amp fuse which is enough for 1 amp, but now that im going to be running 2 identical amp I need to up the fuse size. Since AGU doesnt go higher than 80amp Im guessing I need some kind of ANL inline fuse holder for that part.

Something like this:

Tsunami FBW901-MANL 1 Position 4 or 8 gauge in/out Mini-ANL Fuse Holder Bright Nickel-Plated...

If i was put find an infline fuse holder and put 160amp fuse there and then use a fused distroblock in the trunk to split the 0/1 AWG to (2) 4awg to power the amps can i get away with using something like:

Tsunami TSFDB2-MANL Mini ANL Power Distribution Block with One 0/4 Gauge In & Two 4/8 Gauge Out - TSFDB2-MANL

with (2) 80amp ANL fuses in it.

I would do the same for the ground (minus the fuses)...

Am I missing anything?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.