wiring dual 4 ohm subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rocky213
10+ year member

South FL
if im wiring two dual 4ohm subs into a one chanel mono amp what would be the diference with wiring paralel as opose to just one voice coil to another and then to the amp...wouldnt they both be one ohm load whichever way you wire it

No...

If you mean wire ONE positive coil of one sub to ONE positive coil of the other sub then run it to the amp then do the same for negative...(while leaving one positive and one negative on each sub not connected to anything) you're halfway doing it, its not recommended, and probably will damage something...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif

If you mean wire all the positives to each other and then run them to the amp

then do the same for the negative side....that is parallel...and you would get 1 ohm:fro:

in other words you have to wire both + and - coils per sub...

well paralel is having the negative on one coil and the positive on the other coil going to the amp...right???...im talking bout if you just hook up the two voice coils together and have the negative and the positive from the same coil going to the amp

look if your having trouble figuring out your VC wiring just google it man it will give you complete charts and pics to show you many different ways and ohm loads for all wiring types. its very helpful then just find the chart that fits your subs and load your looking for print it out and wire everything up. I've been doing stereos awhile and still i look to these charts to make sure i dont wire wrong and over load my amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.