wiring caps in series

series wiring = + from one terminal to the - of the other and vice versa. You should NOT wire it this way.

prepare to be flamed for asking a cap related question, tho.

my setup is 2 diamond hex pro 12 and two diamond 1000.1 wired down to 1ohm so my lights are dimming big time, bought two sound quest 5 farad caps to add to the system to see if that solves the problem. The local audio guy told me that wiring them in series is better than one to each amp. If there is a better suggestion out there i am happy to try it. thanks

Take them back, get a battery or two. Shoot your local audio guy. If you're not violent and see his advice as an innocent mistake, just stop going to him and learn how to do stuff the right way by yourself.

Problem solved.

if you do insist on staying with the caps you would wire them in parallel. this is just tying the positives and negatives together. if you properly series wire two things together i.e. two batteries youll basically double the voltage. unfortunately it doesnt exactly work this way with caps. you have to complete the circuit when you do it with batteries and i cant say ive ever done it with caps but i dont see it working out to your advantage.

yea i agree with everbody on here except the dude who made it lol. I bought a cap an hooked it up it worked fine at first but now its drainin my battery enough to where it makes the car stall out when i hit the brakes when jammin. Now im goin to drop the cap an install a second battery. I shoulda done that the first time an wouldnt have had any problems

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.