Wiring and fuse help.

Honestly unless you're 100% sure you won't be going bigger...I'd just say run 0g right off so you won't have to deal with it again 😂

Your amplifiers should have the fuse rating needed in the instructions for installing. I do 450 amp at the battery and then at the block I have a 100 amp anl fuse for the 4 channel which is 100x4 and then the cab-45 they recommend either 2 200s, 2 225s or one 400 or 450. I have a 400 amp on it now and it works fine at the distribution block.

Yours should be smaller then that. Probably 100 amp anl fuse for the 4 channel and RF mono-block probably 100-150. Check the instructions RF is good about putting that stuff in.

edit: RF 1200 Prime recommends 150 amp anl fuse at the block.

Which Alpine 4 channel? Probably find that out easy enough for the fuse the recommend

Last edited:
The fuse near the battery is to ensure that if a wiring mishap occurs it’ll toast the fuse not your vehicle. If the rf 1200 recommends a 150 and your pioneer has a 40 get a 200 and a couple extra for just in case.
I like the regular size anl bc they’re big enough to handle. Those minis are small. Up to you and your space. Fuses don’t care.

The fuse near the battery is to ensure that if a wiring mishap occurs it’ll toast the fuse not your vehicle. If the rf 1200 recommends a 150 and your pioneer has a 40 get a 200 and a couple extra for just in case.
I like the regular size anl bc they’re big enough to handle. Those minis are small. Up to you and your space. Fuses don’t care.
I assume then for the distribution block do the same 150 and 40 fuse

The distribution block could be doubled as well. I ran mine in the beginning w just a 250 up front. One amp wanted a 150 and one a 100.
The chances of both pulling top amperage at the same time is thin.
Come to think of it, that 250 is still in there. Amps are different though and I have that distribution type mini anl which has a 200 and a 100. Never blown the front 250.
Meaning you can likely get away w just one by the battery. Of course those distribution ones are cheap like the regular distribution block.

I run that 450 at the battery then 100 amp for the 4 channel and a 400 for the mono-block. Haven't blown a fuse in years.

I hate mini-anl fuses and blocks. Such a pita to find larger fuses for them like the 400s and 450s or even 500s that some amplifiers need. Plus for the cost on amazon from sky high or knu I'd rather just use the full size anl fuses and blocks & be done with it. That block I linked is the same one I use now and as much as I am not a fan of audiopipe stuff they don't make it someone else does and it works great and leaves me an extra spot for another amplifier or something else. SMD has that stuff as well but figure at least 50 bucks or more for one of his anl fuse holders or blocks.

This should work just fine, though I would recommend getting a solid block for one ground location.250 ANL @ the battery,150 for the RF amp and a 50 for the 4 ch even though you have an onboard 40 it will still blow on the 40 if an issue with that amp.

Figure out where you want to place the amps close to the distro blocks, and see how much power and ground wire you will need for each amp that is recommended. 18" or less would be ideal for either.Use OFC wire. you can use a single 16ga of 14ga wire to piggyback off of either amplifier s remote from the HU from amplifier to amplifier generally without any issues. I recommend placing 4-5 washers under each amplifier to have an air gap from the mounting surface for some air circulation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...