Wiring amp and subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Matador
10+ year member

-= StillBumping =-
Ca
I am a beginner DYI and i am still not sure bout some techs. either way, i have an Audiobahn 2600 i believe, which is 300watts x2 channels, and i am planning to get probably 1 10'' Kicker SoloBaric L5 DVC 4-ohm for now, and then put a 2nd one.

for one sub, If i bridge my amp, it would be sending too much power right? if i bridge my amp, how much power would it be sending to the sub?

I ve been having trouble w the durability of some subs as some messed up store bridged my amp to power some weak subs, n i think that's what messed up the subs.

the L5 is rated at 450rms, so if i bridged the amp i would be sending too much power to the subs that eventually they'll blow?

That was just for one sub, what about if i put 2 10'' L5's, would it be better to put them in series or parallel? i want the subs to bump hard, but i also want them not to blow, and to last a long time since it's a big investment.

fyi: I have a panasonic CQ-DF802U head unit, with the Audiobahn amp.

Thank y'all for ur help, peace

Originally posted by Matador I am a beginner DYI and i am still not sure bout some techs. either way, i have an Audiobahn 2600 i believe, which is 300watts x2 channels, and i am planning to get probably 1 10'' Kicker SoloBaric L5 DVC 4-ohm for now, and then put a 2nd one.

for one sub, If i bridge my amp, it would be sending too much power right? if i bridge my amp, how much power would it be sending to the sub?

I ve been having trouble w the durability of some subs as some messed up store bridged my amp to power some weak subs, n i think that's what messed up the subs.

the L5 is rated at 450rms, so if i bridged the amp i would be sending too much power to the subs that eventually they'll blow?

That was just for one sub, what about if i put 2 10'' L5's, would it be better to put them in series or parallel? i want the subs to bump hard, but i also want them not to blow, and to last a long time since it's a big investment.

fyi: I have a panasonic CQ-DF802U head unit, with the Audiobahn amp.

Thank y'all for ur help, peace
Bridge the amp and make sur eyou have yoru gains properly adjusted. It is not too much power that blows a speaker it is clipping. You will be more than happy with a higher power rating going to the subs and will not have to crank it so much that you do send a clipped signal to the sub. If you need help adjusting the gains feel free to drop a line and I will help as best as I can.

allright, hmmm, so for the gain what's the best to set it to? i mean like for the filter, like LowPassFilter, HighPassFilter, or XFP which i think is both. hmmm, if i lower the gain the clipping would be less likely to happen?

when you bridge, are you doubling the power, or how much more power are you making? (amp is a 300x2). so then i should just bridge my sub and connect it to one L5 which is a DVC, or would it be better to use both channels and use one channel for each voice coil? thanks, i just dont wanna mess up another sub, they $$$.

remember: i like to bump it and feel the bass, so i play it somehow loud for some periods.

Originally posted by Matador allright, hmmm, so for the gain what's the best to set it to? i mean like for the filter, like LowPassFilter, HighPassFilter, or XFP which i think is both. hmmm, if i lower the gain the clipping would be less likely to happen?

when you bridge, are you doubling the power, or how much more power are you making? (amp is a 300x2). so then i should just bridge my sub and connect it to one L5 which is a DVC, or would it be better to use both channels and use one channel for each voice coil? thanks, i just dont wanna mess up another sub, they $$$.

remember: i like to bump it and feel the bass, so i play it somehow loud for some periods.

Running it loud does not matter, again it is when you send a clipped signal to it. You will want to use the lowpass filter for the subs and you DO NOT want to put each coil on a different channel. Running A split signal to one speaker is never a good idea and a fast way to spend more $$$ basically a stereo signal is not the same on each side and you would be trying to work your sub against itself by sending the same speaker two different signals. Bridge it and it should give off approxamately 600watts mono (tho not all will actually produce double it is easier to guestimate than try to do the math and figure out the exact number) Set the gains properly and you will experience distortion free hard knockin heart stoppin bass. Good luck

thanks, this website is good, i ve seen it before, i just gotta read the stuff now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yeah that *A2300HCQ* (two-three hundred) is a powerful amp, just get 7 more 10L5 subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif and each one would get 300w rms at 1ohm mono!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.