Wiring 4 ohm and 6 ohm together??

im going with parallel ... but the real question is there anything wrong with wiring these 2 different speakers together?

well it kinds depends. i wouldnt recommend it for regular speakers, but it should be fine for subs. you just need to understand how the power is detributed and how much they can handle

Im bringin back old general physics knowledge here, so be advised, there may be mistakes ha ha...

P=(V^2/R)

now the Voltage across all resistors in a PARALLEL circuit (not series) is the same. So the variable is the Resistance. so you got a 4ohm and 6ohm resistor...

P1= (V^2/4ohm)

P2= (V^2/6ohm)

compare to ratings, if they dont exceed RMS power handling, you should be set

the power will not be distributed evenly, even if they handle the same power load current takes the path of least resistence so your 4 ohm speaker would get more, in return would probably have one speaker drown out the other. Wouldnt be recomended, i say seperate the subs. what does everyone else say?

They arent subs ... Eclipse 6.5" coaxials (fronts @ 4 ohm) and these random 6.5" mid-bass/woofers (back @ 6 ohm).

I'll see how it sounds. Its not a permanent thing so its not a big deal if sound is perfect. I just want to get the speakers louder and clearer.

Back speakers are retarded and wiring them that way would be even worse. If you want it to sound "clearer" that isn't going to help at all.

They arent subs ... Eclipse 6.5" coaxials (fronts @ 4 ohm) and these random 6.5" mid-bass/woofers (back @ 6 ohm).
I'll see how it sounds. Its not a permanent thing so its not a big deal if sound is perfect. I just want to get the speakers louder and clearer.
def dont do it

why would ou wire you fronts and backs together anyway, run fronts of HU and then backs of a little 200 w amp and ou wont even have to worry about 4 and 6 ohm. just dont wire them together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.