wiring 3 12 ohn subs into 4 ohns

Participant count
  • Participant list
ok, firstly, tis ohm, not ohn. secondly, are they DVC or SVC subs.

if they are svc subs, then just connect all 3 + wires, and all 3 - wires together, and plug it into the amp..... (is this amp mono) ?

You want to run them in a series not a parellel so you can get 4ohms. Run a wire from the amps positive lead to the positive on the first sub. Then from that subs negative lead to the next subs positive and so on. When you get to the end or last sub send that wire to the negative lead on the amp. (keeping in mind this is a mono amp or it is bridgeable)

Originally posted by bass maniak i am thinking of buying 3 thunder 6000 12 ohn sub woofers but i dont know how to wire them perralell into 4 ohns and if i did would i need a 750 watt amp to run them all at 250 or would a 250 watt amp power all 3 ans 250

thanx for the help
Well, if you haven't bought your amp yet, if you are running dual voice coil subs, make **** sure you buy a powerful amp. If you don't push enough watts to those subs, you will hurt them MORE than if you put too much power to them. Having dual voice coil subs allows you more options but if you don't have enough power to push them, you are shooting yourself in the foot by using them. Just a thought.....

Peace...(yeah,right!)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.