Wires seem correct, fuses good, radio still runs when ignition off

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hokey

Seen this problem before and it was almost always a battery wire mixup but this one is throwing me. I'm installing a Kenwood BT-368U in a 2014 F150 via the PAC RP4-FD11 interface (to retain steering wheel controls) and it stays hot all the time. Wiring is all good as far as color matching and I can't find a single bad fuse in the truck.

For the weird stuff, the HU will only light up if the illum. (orange/white) wire from the PAC interface is connected to the HU's red accessory wire. The HU will accept and eject a CD without the illum. wire connected, so its got power but no light/display without that wire that I *thought* was only a dimmer control. There's no illum. wire coming from the Kenwood harness to hook up to the one from the interface.

Either way, the unit stays on after ignition off/door open/lights off/lock unless I manually power it off, something I'd like to avoid every time I get out of the truck. I assume I could also skip the PAC interface, but I'd like to keep the steering wheel controls if possible. Anyone know what's going on?

Seen this problem before and it was almost always a battery wire mixup but this one is throwing me. I'm installing a Kenwood BT-368U in a 2014 F150 via the PAC RP4-FD11 interface (to retain steering wheel controls) and it stays hot all the time. Wiring is all good as far as color matching and I can't find a single bad fuse in the truck.
For the weird stuff, the HU will only light up if the illum. (orange/white) wire from the PAC interface is connected to the HU's red accessory wire. The HU will accept and eject a CD without the illum. wire connected, so its got power but no light/display without that wire that I *thought* was only a dimmer control. There's no illum. wire coming from the Kenwood harness to hook up to the one from the interface.

Either way, the unit stays on after ignition off/door open/lights off/lock unless I manually power it off, something I'd like to avoid every time I get out of the truck. I assume I could also skip the PAC interface, but I'd like to keep the steering wheel controls if possible. Anyone know what's going on?
Just because the radio illuminate via the orange wire doesnt mean it needs that wire!
If the harness for the headunit does not specify a illumination wore then your red accessory wire needs to be connected to a switched 12v wire.

Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk

Just because the radio illuminate via the orange wire doesnt mean it needs that wire!
If the harness for the headunit does not specify a illumination wore then your red accessory wire needs to be connected to a switched 12v wire.

That's what I've read, that the illum isn't needed, but the HU is completely black without it. Have the HU accessory connected to the pac harness accessory wire and nothing on the HU

That's what I've read, that the illum isn't needed, but the HU is completely black without it. Have the HU accessory connected to the pac harness accessory wire and nothing on the HU
Run the headunit 12v switch to another wire that is switched or do a separate relay 12v switch or even do a ghetto wire run to the radio fuse lol.
All the wires dont need to be connected to the pac module.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.