wires going into box

If you dirll a hole and run the wires though and seal it with silicone, what are the chances of it blowing?
Make the hole as small as practicable, tie a knot on the interior side, squeeze silicone in the hole, then pull the knot to the wall & add more silicone. That should do! [i did this in my install--no problems]

In the end either way will give you the same result (someone please correct me if I'm wrong - but this is what I've always heard). I would recommend using terminal cups when you are dealing with an MDF enclosure, because it looks cleaner and more professional. If you're going with a fiberglass enclosure then its all up to you there... I mean I suppose you could use the terminal cups but it seems like it would be a major pain in the butt. I guess what it really comes down to is personal preference (or if you're on a tight budget - do you want the Big Mac w/ Cheese or the terminal cup?).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.