Wireless USB?

Participant count
  • Participant list

hollowpoint
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NJ
Posting this for a friend as I do not think there is anything out there like he wants besides bluetooth but could easily be wrong. So I came here to seek an answer... Also I apologize if this belongs in wiring but it does have to do with headunits.

"So I am looking for something that just may not exist. Since the usb outlet on my headunit is on the front, not the back, i have to run a wire from the front around the back behind the dash to my glovebox for ipod interface. This = not clean looking. I was thinking how they make wireless usb mouses with the little nano receiver and thought I can get a similar thing except instead of having a mouse at the other end have a female usb port which i can plug the ipod into in the glovebox. Basically i want a wireless usb extension cord with a nano receiver. obviously battery powered or 12V at the least. Does such a thing exist? I have a wireless mouse with nano receiver, can I alter it to work. I searched the internet for a good hour and found nothing. "

Thanks for the help guys!

I believe the short answer is no.

I'm pretty sure you'd have problems interfacing anything like that with an HU because you have to no way to install drivers.

I honestly have no idea if that would work but will share it with my buddies. Our most techy friend among us is baffled so Im assuming that simple answer "no" is correct.

To simplify it....needs a usb receiver on front of H/U and a usb resiver able to connect to either a) headphone jack b) that 30pin on the ipod.

I appreciate the responses and as he said...he is probably searching for something that doesn't exists. But never hurts to ask!

Yeah thats what I was going to suggest after all this. My buddies like to be crafty. Think he gave up on this quest. Thanks for dealing with me haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.