Wireless audio Streaming via laptop??

sadsounds

NY
I would Like to play music from a laptop through the car stereo system.

I heard it can be done with a bluetooth head unit with a2dp and laptop with same hardware but are there other ways ...perhaps this is possible over wi-fi using a laptop ,router ,some sort of audio receiver and specialized software.

Your inputs on this would be greatly appreciated.

if ur headunit is bluetooth enabled u can have a laptop computer with bluetooth and stream the music... but will be better and cheaper to clone the hdd of the computer or laptop buy a headunit with usb connection and buy a hard drive usb enclosure.. to have gigs of storage...

I want to be outside the car while controlling music..4 15\'s where not designed to be listened while in the car..

this there any other option besides bluetooth

i was thinking about building a pc in the car and hooking up a router and using software to control that pc wirelessly but that would be a bit slugish over wi-fi and i was looiking for a simpler more responsive solution

You're in luck, I have your solution. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You simply need a small power inverter ($20 walmart) and an Airport Express.

Plug the airport express into your aux in. It then provides a wifi "speaker" which shows up in iTunes automatically when you are within range of your car with your laptop.

Simple as that. Play music in iTunes as you normally would and it plays through car stereo. (and no, there is no loss in sound quality)

that may be true but it is only going be used for show

any more suggestions??

i read up on linksys music bridge seems pretty simple exactly what i was looking to achieve

that may be true but it is only going be used for show
any more suggestions??

i read up on linksys music bridge seems pretty simple exactly what i was looking to achieve
with that you would need a separate router as the base station. apple has something that can work without a network that would work very nicely. or blue tooth would work.

...why do you want to use car audio for outside of the car?
your **** will probly get stolen if you blast it and people around hear you
I want to be outside the car while controlling music..4 15\'s where not designed to be listened while in the car..
I'm assuming this is going to be a comp car. makes perfect sense to do something like this.

x2 on the Airport express.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.