wire

subboxmaker
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok what would be better 1 x 8 awg wire or could i run 2 x 10 awg wires with a 25 amp fuse on each one. u ppl prolly think im an idiot but the reson im askin this is cause i can get a complete set of rockford fosgate 10 awg power, ground, rca's, turn on, and fuses ect. for 12 bucks online so should i just get two of those ?????

in the sake of SQ its always better to go bigger if you can afford it. at least where the wire is conserned.

look online and for 6 to 10 bucks more you can get a 8 gauge kit. and fosgate wire is made by the same company that makes some other companies wire. its all about the number of strands and shielding.

http://www.knukoncepts.com has some good prices and the specs on thier wire seem to be above most in the business. I have a question on the board right now as to if their wire is worth the money compared to LA or Stinger or Fosgate.

Personally I think your paying for a name when you buy fosgate. but hey its a good name so....

You could, it would be like giving it one 5 guage wire, but seperated, though I would advise against it, you could introduce noise from the dual wires and you would also have to run two ground wires. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

Originally posted by 99DX in the sake of SQ its always better to go bigger if you can afford it. at least where the wire is conserned.

look online and for 6 to 10 bucks more you can get a 8 gauge kit. and fosgate wire is made by the same company that makes some other companies wire. its all about the number of strands and shielding.

http://www.knukoncepts.com has some good prices and the specs on thier wire seem to be above most in the business. I have a question on the board right now as to if their wire is worth the money compared to LA or Stinger or Fosgate.

Personally I think your paying for a name when you buy fosgate. but hey its a good name so....

Wire is wire.

No one wire sounds better.

Yes, you are just paying for a name.

Cant lay it out in any more simple form than that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

well i think i might try to run two 10 gague wires unless anyone very strongly advise against it.. i mean 24 bucks for both and id even have a pair of rca's left for my home subwoofer:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.