Wire Comparison

would like to see the new Tsunami power wire in there as well as Scosche Flux, Shok Ref and Comp, Kicker Hyperflex, American Bass, and Install Bay. I think I have the kicker and install bay but not sure how much if I even have any.

umm i wasn't award that:

tsunami

scosche

had NEW power lines out. I guess the lines i tested were the older ones? although the sales man told me they were the newest power wires out there when I started this about 2months ago.

as for kicker they wouldn't sell me 3ft and install bay was the same way. if you have either of those two let me know via p/m and I would love to test them out.

and as for american bass having a 1/0 line out lol i didn't know of it lol! buy some and send me some!

and that goes for anyone if you have a wire brand laying around that isn't on my list just drop me a p/m and we will work something out.

Found my old thread on Ecoustics from 2009.

Wire gauge comparison

There you go.

Also, would you be willing to collaborate of a possible future "Wire Size" survey?

I'm sure if we dig around online, we can come up with enough people w/ a spare foot or so of wire that they are willing to donate to the test.

Wow, very nicely done write up - I am preparing 4 gauge amp kit review of popular entry level kits and your data is impressive. I have to point out one thing though and your data proves - Cadence is not OFC, its CCA. They are lying blatantly to their customers or at the very least, doing everything they can to mislead them. Look at the weights of the Raptor and Cadence and KnuKonceptz KCA (Sound Quest maybe mixing CCA and OFC to cut costs too given the weights posted) These are all much lighter then known copper cables. Stinger is even a little light, but they have been down sizing their product for awhile now.

Do you have any good close ups of the Cadence or Raptor? If the inner part of the strand is silvery, then its Aluminum base. The KCA is copper on the outside, AL on the inside so it will have a copper look, but silvery on a flush cut surface. The Kolossus is the exact opposite, copper on the inside, tin on the outside.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:
and all I can see online for the american bass wire is just the 4gauge wire not seeing any 1/0 power wire. if you have link post it up!

nice article I will have to give it a read over later one! thanks for posting the link! it looks good!

and yes I would like to take part in a survey!

see that is the thing some of the wires didn't look like OFC but when I asked the sales people and or the company that was their replies so I am not going to say they are wrong although the info I have found on the wires would prove other wise.

but thanks for pointing that out about the wires.

as for the close ups I don't have one on hand but I will bring some back on monday and take some nice pictures for you and the viewers!

thanks again! we will be in touch later on!

Something is definitely up with the Cadence wire, I got my lines crossed at first glance and thought its copper weight was 0.69, so its not as obvious as I originally thought. None the less, its still half the weight of every other quality copper cable on the board.

Something is definitely up with the Cadence wire, I got my lines crossed at first glance and thought its copper weight was 0.69, so its not as obvious as I originally thought. None the less, its still half the weight of every other quality copper cable on the board.
i've told tons of ppl that it's CCA wire and most just tell me I don't know what I'm talking about b/c they read "copper stranded wire" as "oxygen free copper".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.