Window shopping for new car in a few months

Tahoe or Yukon can do anything you want except to get super great gas mileage unless you get one of the newer ones they are much better than the older ones on gas mileage but I still won't own anything else besides a square body Chevy

Really almost any SUV is fairly easy to get loud same can be said for a CRX
Crx res freq is like 57-62hz no thanks. My 02 Tahoe the cabin always peaks at 37hz no matter if I have a box or a wall in there, I have a few buddies with 2007-2013 Tahoes and they peak at about 39-42hz

**** I did not know CRX Peak that high I would never own one in a million years just read all over the Internet that they are super easy to get loud if anybody knows what the older Tahoes and Yukons Peak at let me know I'm guessing it will be somewhere around the same hi 30s too low forties

I kinda like these ! How much room with the seats up ?

IIRC about 20-24cf with the back seats up.

There is a pretty good aftermarket for the 1.8T as well. APR offers a full tune for about $600 which will net around +80-90whp gain (270-280whp) and even more torque(+ even more power with bolt ons). Auto trans will handle the extra power no prob, manuals have a weak pressure plate and will need a clutch upgrade soon after the APR tune. There are less powerful piggyback ecu's from Burger Motorsports and Neuspeed which net +35whp for $380. I'm running a Burger JB1 on my Jetta 1.8T and I love it. After having it for 12k miles, my clutch is still in working good. I get 45mpg at 65mph on the highway, I usually cruise in the low 80s and still get 33-35mpg. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I have never met a single chick that like wagons/hatchbacks ... every chick I know likes their man to have a Truck/full size SUV

It's because you're in Michigan.

Michigan is the south of the north. Every other white person wears camo and loves Kenny Chesney.

I'm saying this because I live in MI and work with the general public.

**** I did not know CRX Peak that high I would never own one in a million years just read all over the Internet that they are super easy to get loud if anybody knows what the older Tahoes and Yukons Peak at let me know I'm guessing it will be somewhere around the same hi 30s too low forties
Around 40-43hz IIRC... Op, a small SUV is a good platform to build in... the ol' S-10 Blazer I had was just about right for a pair of 12's and even 15's or a single 18" sub if I wanted to go above the window line... I found room to install plenty of equipment and the only complaint I had was the body metal was tearing around the door striker and the luggage rack was the source of some horrible rattles till I took it off... and since it was older... it was easier to maintain myself...

That S-10 Blazer had a peak at 35hz and another at 50hz... it got pretty loud depending on tuning/goals

ORgaMrJ.jpg

Vw golf sportwagen. 1.8t motor has good power and amazing efficiency. When you fold the back seats down there's about 60-62cf of space (a few cf less than a Ford Escape)
I personally hate suv's and will always take a wagon first. Yea you can't tow or haul as much but it helps step your game up to better looking chicks because there's no room for bangin fatties.
Can't believe you don't like suvs. Are you a girl?!

So what subi would you recommend for a big build ?
For a BIG Build, I would say our New SUV the Ascent. However I don't think many people would take a brand new 40K Suv and throw a big unfinished ported enclosure in one... However for a decent build I think the Outback is tough to beat. Solid room for subs, the limited models already have amp for highs and sounds pretty **** good, + Apple Car and Android Auto. Just add subs and away you go...

We can list you hundreds of vehicles but if we don't know your budget then most or all of them could be out of range.
Budget isn't too bad cause I'll make payments , but I'd like to stay 20k or under for the car itself. My bad you're totally right I shoulda said budget

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.